Respected Contributor

Re: What Silhouette Do You Look For In Tees?

[ Edited ]

Shorter sleeves, crew neck, not too baggy, and not too long.

I found the most wonderful t T-shirt years ago at a store that sells team merchandise. Gildan makes one shirt for women (in a multitude of colors): PERFECTION.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like collars to come up to my collarbone so I prefer T-shirts with either a crewneck or boat-neck and regular short sleeves (not cap sleeves).  I have a small neck and shoulders so that’s what looks best on me.  Scoop neck and V-necks come down too low on me.  I find them terribly uncomfortable trying to keep them on my shoulders and/or not showing everything when bending over.  I haven’t bought any Liz Claiborne T’s since they went to all scoop neck.  I buy most of my T's from Land's End and LL Bean.  

Esteemed Contributor

3/4 sleeves or elbow, v neck or scoop, shaped or semi fitted

Honored Contributor

I like some fitted and some semi-fitted. No boatnecks, no cap sleeves. Length I like to hip length or to the bottom of the bum, if the length goes down my legs it feels hot and constricting.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I like scoop neck and V-necks the best.  One of my big pet peeves though, is tee shirts with a boxy cut, that look like they were made for men.  I have more of an hourglass shape and I like the top to have more of a curve to it too.

Honored Contributor

I like a tee that follows the shape of the body without being skin tight. I don't want the neckline to be so low that I'm flashing people if I bend over lol. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I like a v-neck and long sleeves in most t-shirts.  If I am going to wear it under a jacket I like a square neck but those are hard to find.  

Honored Contributor

Jennifer Aniston always looks great in Ts, IMO. Whether loose v-necks or tighter scoop necks with long sleeves, she always wears them well.

I read that she has them tailored, so no wonder!

Valued Contributor

I prefer a scoop neck if I'm wearing a shirt/jacket/vest/cardigan over it, and a v-neck if I'm wearing it by itself.  I hate crew-necks! 

I don't want the sleeves to be skin tight, but I prefer a slim silhoutte.  Short sleeves that are too wide look like "farmer" sleeves, Long sleeves that are too wide, I can't push up, and 3/4 sleeves that are wide, just stick out and look stupid.  The one sleeve length I can't wear is the elbow length.  It looks fine on other people but looks horrible on me!

I also don't like a t-shirt to be too loose around the hips.  A traditional T should only have the same amount of "ease" around the bottom as it has at the top.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Super Contributor

Don't you mean "style"?  Silhouette means the shape of the garment from head to toe.  QVC's terms, ugh.  Fabrication is a process.  Colorway is the use of several colors.