Trusted Contributor

What a difference a model makes!

There's a beautiful new model on the Q.  She's not a zero or medium and has real curves, not just lateral curves but a derriere of significant proportions like me and mine.  She's not as curvy as Hope (HSN) with her tiny tiny waist ading even more curve, but .....  

I saw a straight hem high low Logo top on this gorgeous model and formed a new opinion of Logo tops.  The "low" part allowed coverage of the back forty so that the hem actually fell to a plane parallel to the floor.  This gradation of hemline has been done by seamstresses for decades, of necessiity to keep garments from hiking up in the back.    Now we can see that there are more options without the need to alter anything! I can't wait to see a skirt on this wonderful addition to the Q.

Seeing merchandise on real models with varying size and shape can alter your whole perspective.  Finally!

Respected Contributor

Re: What a difference a model makes!

Not to "trash" any of the current models - they are all lovely, with blonde Maria being my all time favorite.  However, it would be so helpful to all of us out here to see models of different sizes and shapes wearing each garment. We are not all tall and slim, or even tall with large bones.  I'm 5'1"  with a figure that is definitely aging.  I did see one African American model who was lovely and slightly greying - so nice to see someone mature.  Please QVC can we not have models of different sizes and shapes?  I know they are out there.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup  I know we all say thats what we want ("real life" size models)i but I bet if they did it they wouldn't sell as much !!!   They are not fools.

Trusted Contributor

That would be ideal but it would mean too many models for each garment!  Probably 7 or 8!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Not to "trash" any of the current models - they are all lovely, with blonde Maria being my all time favorite.  However, it would be so helpful to all of us out here to see models of different sizes and shapes wearing each garment. We are not all tall and slim, or even tall with large bones.  I'm 5'1"  with a figure that is definitely aging.  I did see one African American model who was lovely and slightly greying - so nice to see someone mature.  Please QVC can we not have models of different sizes and shapes?  I know they are out there.

I so agree with you and those of us who are not average height or weight have been requesting models who look more like us for years. The Q and the designers what   to sell us the clothes, but want to show them on the big gals. I don't buy a thing if I don't see it on Meredith the petite model. If she's on and they don't show a garment on her I know it's not going to work for me. I see QF uses Meredith now, but I still refuse to buy the clothes because they are not proportioned for a petite woman. To Angel of QF, 'I'm petite, not short". LOL

Respected Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

That would be ideal but it would mean too many models for each garment!  Probably 7 or 8!Woman Happy

Not talking about 7 or 8 models all the time- but several of differing sizes instead of three tall slim ladies.  They may think that showing clothing on women of one size is best, and perhaps it fools some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time, but I don't buy something that I can't see on someone who is at least somewhat like me.

Respected Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

@Perkup  I know we all say thats what we want ("real life" size models)i but I bet if they did it they wouldn't sell as much !!!   They are not fools.

@Silver fox - you're right.  QVC is a marketing giant.  Believe me they know what they are doing. They want us to imagine our bodies in these clothes.  If there were models who had bodies like us we probably wouldn't buy it.

Honored Contributor

They seem to be hiring models who are more representative of the average American woman and are in the range of M-L in size.  There have been several new ones the past week.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They seem to be hiring models who are more representative of the average American woman and are in the range of M-L in size.  There have been several new ones the past week.

------------

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your wording. Too often threads like this veer into the "real women" vocabulary Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Too bad you can't set up your own "virtual model" on the e-pages................

♥Surface of the Sun♥