Honored Contributor

What Silhouette Do You Look For In Tees?

When I buy a tee, I prefer a scoop neckline with a several inches of sleeve.  

Looking at the new D & C  tee shirts it seems we're looking at a lot of really short sleeves in a lot of designers.

I much prefer what Liz Clayborne is doing.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Silhouette Do You Look For In Tees?

I like v-necks with a sleeve just above the elbow.  

Honored Contributor

sccop necklines and v-necks .......NOT modified. i want a true scoop or v.

i prefer elbow sleeves, 3/4 sleeves,  or sleeveless (although this would be more of a tank).

i like it to come to lower hip length or upper thigh length.

not all cotton.......prefer blends.....cotton/poly. cotton/modal, rayon/spandex, cotton/spandex, poly/spandex.

good tees are hard to find, but i LOVE the butterfly tees from the marla wynne line. comfortable, they wash and wear well, lots of beautiful colors, and they can be used year round.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like a large, wide v-neck (so it doesn't look like men's underwear), and either a very short sleeve, or a longer short sleeve (fitted)-- again, so it doesn't look like men's underwear.

I guess I like a tee that doesn't really look like a tee.  

Respected Contributor

I like a neckline that sits close to the sides of neck so that there is ample fabric between my neck and my shoulder, to create the illusion of broader shoulders, since I have narrow shoulders and a long neck.  If the neckline is too wide, side to side (such as a bateau neck), it looks like I have no shoulders and I look like ET.  And, since my neck is long, I don't want the neckline to fall too low, either.  Mocknecks, mandarin collars, Queen Anne necklines, modest v-necks and crewnecks all look good on me.  It's so hard to find tee shirts that don't have the wide, scooped-out necklines anymore.  As for sleeves, I like fitted sleeves that fall just above the elbow.  At my age, cap sleeves or wide short sleeves that stick out are not flattering at all on me.

Honored Contributor

Because I carry weight around my middle I prefer a V neck with some gathering so there is room in the middle. I also like a normal short sleeve or a shorter sleeve, not the long elbow length or 3/4 length sleeves. I also prefer tunic length.

Honored Contributor

V-neck V-neck V-neck! Normal short sleeve or no sleeve is fine with me. The length should be just below the waistband of my pants; nothing longer...

I was watching HSN in the wee hours of the morning and the other Shannon had on a red t. It was a long sleeved v-neck but it flared out a bit at the bottom; like an a-line. Very subtle but really falttering. I don't know who's it was but the shape was ideal really.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

V-neck V-neck V-neck! Normal short sleeve or no sleeve is fine with me. The length should be just below the waistband of my pants; nothing longer...

I was watching HSN in the wee hours of the morning and the other Shannon had on a red t. It was a long sleeved v-neck but it flared out a bit at the bottom; like an a-line. Very subtle but really falttering. I don't know who's it was but the shape was ideal really.

@Andreatoo, I've noticed some styles going back to the shorter length, although they are a boxier cut than the shorter tops of the 80's. Peplums and A-lines also seem to be making a resurgence, so you're in luck! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

You ladies have pegged ALL the styles I like! I like lots of different styles of simple T-s, Short, 3/4, long sleeves, round and V necklines, not too fitted but slightly shaped, depending on the season.

Honored Contributor

I like pretty much all styles of tees; having a variety works for me. The one style I am not as crazy about is the boat neck. I always feel like my bra straps are showing, and they just don't feel comfortable on my shoulders and neck.