Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I don't do drugs nor do I wear velvet in the summertime.  Two things many celebrities do that I would not.

How odd to slam celebrities in this way when our country is awash with rampant drug use.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I doubt velvet is any hotter than denim.

Honored Contributor

No one wears velvet in the summer, we have to remember stars like that aren't "real" people.  They are are wearing velvet because it's part of some designer's Fall collection.  They get free clothes to wear but they are contractually required to wear those clothes pre-season as a form of adverstisement.  The stars also get their pictures taken and plastared in all the magazines and that's good publicity for them.    It's like in January and we see the famous fashionistas strutting around in summer dresses and sandals.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree- Good point.  We can't really compare ourselves to what the celebrities are wearing.  So I'm in the no-velvet-summer camp.

Honored Contributor

Re: Velvet In Summer

[ Edited ]

Blake Lively wore double velvet in 87 degrees in NYC today. I usually think she looks great, but this look is a no for me. Plus I'm sweating just looking at the picture.

undefined-265609-1534531519936-image.1200x0c.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"