Regular Contributor

Is being over 50 since that seems to be QVC's new overused motto means I need to wear ugly patterns?  QVC overdoses on a concept...& the latest obession is Kim Gravel clothes, Kim Gravel beauty, Kim Gravel anything. Too much Kim Gravel.  And her clothes are ok but what is with all the ugly patterns?  I like some of the styles but I like solids & they dont seem to exist anymore on QVC (or limited) . Not sure what over 50 slogan is doing for me...no special pricing or discounts just a tag line for QVC to sell  their stufff....too much.  Apologies to the community since I am probably just being grumpy.  

Esteemed Contributor

Alot of Susan Graver patterns  are  too much along with some Denim & Co .

Those cropped wide leged pants Courtney K had on  with  the SG TSV looked really odd

Honored Contributor

@I find solids boring and prefer bright, colorful abstract patterns.  They so much fun, especially for summer.  I get many compliments. 

Perhaps it depends on where you live.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like many of KG's patterns from her line and I get compliments but I don't like tops with huge overwhelming prints ( one of Kim's designs with the huge white palm tree for example) I like the smaller prints. I didn't care for SG's TSV prints yesterday so that was a easy pass for me. To each her own.

Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31 .............They may be ugly to you but not to thousands of other QVC customers.  Also, there are women that like the over 50's program.  I dont care for it so I dont watch its an easy solution for me.  Prints are trending so they are the norm this summer.  Next summer it will be something else.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31 wrote:

Is being over 50 since that seems to be QVC's new overused motto means I need to wear ugly patterns?  QVC overdoses on a concept...& the latest obession is Kim Gravel clothes, Kim Gravel beauty, Kim Gravel anything. Too much Kim Gravel.  And her clothes are ok but what is with all the ugly patterns?  I like some of the styles but I like solids & they dont seem to exist anymore on QVC (or limited) . Not sure what over 50 slogan is doing for me...no special pricing or discounts just a tag line for QVC to sell  their stufff....too much.  Apologies to the community since I am probably just being grumpy.  

I agree with you. I consider gawdy, ugly prints to be stereotypical old lady clothes. While I'm in my 70s, I wouldn't be caught dead in them. 

The over 50 slogan is just another gimmick. It has nothing to do with over 50 women. It's just women selling the same old, same old stuff and acting like teenagers, giving TMI, telling personal stories, and competing for attention. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugly Patterns

[ Edited ]

My fashion complaint for QVC is all the palm tree, big leaves designs - from all their brands.  There must have been a memo sent from the Buyers for one theme this season.  I've purchased none of it.  One item goes a very long way, and I prefer a more subtle approach to that motif.  

The hosts keep saying, "the style this season is big bold prints!"  Fine, just not for me.

Respected Contributor

@DebNYC31 wrote:

@DebNYC31 

i am so sorry you are unable to find solids and pretty patterns.  i have no problem with finding them.

and so many nice sale and clearance pricing.

happy shopping!

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~
Honored Contributor

I enjoy some bright colors for summer and some pretty patterns, within reason though, not huge and gawdy.  Which I have to agree we are seeing alot of this season along with dresses, dresses and more dresses!    I guess we just have to roll with it, styles and trends are changing all the time.

Valued Contributor

I love prints, especially tropical prints, because in my mind I always want to live at a resort.  But, the winner of the consistantly ugly prints is Attitudes by Renee.  I've never even been remotely interested in any of the pieces, they are just not for me.