Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Kim Gravel TSV?

[ Edited ]

@justashopper wrote:

I hate when I am inbetween sizes.  Eventhough you got the 1x in another Kim top, I think you might be better with the XL in this.  So here's my questions--- how are your current clothes fitting?  Are you up a little or down a little?  I say that because if I am a little up, maybe the larger size is better.  Comfort matters.  Right?  

The reason I said to do the XL, is because I like a shrug to be smaller... you will have a little wiggle room because it's a tie closure.  And the tank, if it's too big will be bunchy under the shrug and the arm holes might be too big.  

Let me know what you pick and how it turns out.

Thank you for such a thoughtful reply.  I actually am a little down now.  I generally buy my clothes "roomy".  Smiley Wink  I am leaning towards getting this in the XL as i keep hearing about how her line runs large.  

A funny story - last year i received a pair of her triple luxe  jeans by accident.  It was supposed to be a Denim&CO shirt.  It was a smaller size than i would normally order but my husband encouraged me to try them on and they fit and he loved them on me.  Ha!  I would have never taken a chance on ordering the smaller size but it opened my eyes to how i usually order a little too big. 

Honored Contributor

I really liked the TSV!  It was cute and the print was very pretty. Didn't get it, as I splurged on the Barefoot Dreams top, but I think it's very cute.

Super Contributor

Many days the TSV is boring, uninsipring and just not that great of a value in my opinion but I have give kudos to QVC on this TSV...one of the better ones I've seen of late.  Great price for two pieces, nice color choices as well. Never tried Kim's line but got the camo. I like slub knit...comfy, lighweight and holds up pretty well, at least the tees I have from Old Navy have...hoping these are just as good.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Valued Contributor

Love it! You could inter change both pieces with other items in your wardrobe.

Respected Contributor

This is my first Kim Gravel order.  I ordered the tie dye last night.  Love the happy spring colors that will carry me through the summer. 

I also liked the longer length sleeves of the shrug. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Frequent Contributor

Slub knit is just a cheaper way to make a garment, it's see through.  Not a fan

Valued Contributor

I posted earlier in this thread that I got the tie dye, and then last night before bed I decided to get the aqua one too. I think they are so cute. 

I have never returned a Kim Gravel piece. I have 3 of her plain colored tops with the grommet on the side. They are really flattering and very comfortable. I've washed them to death and they still look like new. I also love her jeans but just wish they had one more inch on the talls.

I really like HER too. She's so full of life and fun.

Briggsie

Respected Contributor

I caved and ordered three.  Got the white leopard, blue snake, and pink.  I like the versatility of having both pieces.  Kim has a very nice line of clothing.  Her jeans are really good and fit well.

That said, on the other channel, I have to go up a size in DG2.  Also, Iman's line, no matter what they say, they are cut verrrry narrow in the waist, hips, and thighs.  I ordered an 8 and a 10 knowing that one pair would likely have to go back.  Get this, I was able to get the 8s up (not that they looked great)  but I couldn't crawl into the 10s.  Very strange.  Ended up exchanging for 14s!  I don't like the stuffed sausage look.  It's just not flattering and you look thinner in clothes that don't bind.

Valued Contributor

I thought it was so cute but I live in Louisiana and our long sleeves season is very short. Even a 3/4 sleeve isn't very practical for our spring or summer.
Valued Contributor

I got both of my TSV tank/shrug purchases, and they are absolutely perfect. They fit beautifully and are very flatting. I absolutely LOVE them.

Briggsie