Trusted Contributor

I think my style is a little like Stevie Nicks in her heavier days.  I love flowing clothes that don't cling.

Respected Contributor

Bea Arthur, aka "Maude" in Golden Girls.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

My forever muse:

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

I

what the stars wear is not something I strive for. I wear what fits, looks presentable for my age, and what is comfortable. 

The question is the reverse.  It is not who try to look like or would like to dress like.  It is 'thinking about YOUR current style, what celebrity style is similar to yours'

Respected Contributor

I don't follow celebrity, so I don't know.  What I like and buy most often is Talbots classic style.  Joan Rivers was a celebrity and I like her style also - have a lot of her jackets.

Respected Contributor

Reese Witherspoon

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't say ... I don't follow celebrities ... I can say, though, that I like the First Lady's sense of style, in that her every day wear is similar to mine.  I'm not talking ball gowns and State Dinner-wear,  obviously; but clean classic lines.

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream I LOVE the sweaters Reese is wearing. They have a nice crew neck which, IMO, is so chic and elegant. I have such a hard time finding sweaters anymore that don't have the big, open, stretched-out looking necklines.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@peachesncream I LOVE the sweaters Reese is wearing. They have a nice crew neck which, IMO, is so chic and elegant. I have such a hard time finding sweaters anymore that don't have the big, open, stretched-out looking necklines.

That's interesting. The crew neckline is a classic look. She wears it so well. Her clothes always fit perfectly.

For me, the appeal is that she is petite (or close to it) and she knows exactly what will work for her and what won't. She has it figured out! 

I get a lot of ideas from her. Most models are so tall. What the models are wearing won't necessarily look good on me.