Honored Contributor

Re: The Project: Curating MacDuff's Closet...

Well, I'd oppose you becoming a red neck from the irritation so it has to go. Also, it's too memerable to wear long time. You don't want to be the woman in that coat again. A solid rather than a print may be better like the pricey one in that pretty blue.

Esteemed Contributor

And speaking of miracles...wishing everyone a Happy Chanukah, the Feast of Dedication, the Festival of Lights!   May The Light shine in your hearts tonight and always.

See the source image

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

This is the topper I wanted. 

@occasionalrain I agree with you about boiled wool...well, some boiled wool.   I've tried on Eileen Fisher's boiled wool, and it's TDF...soft, lightweight and cuddly.   I own 2 of her sweaters in 100% merino wool, too...no problems.

There's no way in hello I can justify the cost of this topper...$438.   I had hoped to find something similar at a more affordable price point (epic fail LOL).   I'll stalk it for a sale, but it'll be a miracle (I believe in miracles, tho!).   The topper quest continues!

Eileen Fisher Notch Collar Merino Wool Topper (Regular & Petite)

@MacDUFF now this is you...keep watching, it will go down and then you will have a keeper.Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

This is the topper I wanted. 

@occasionalrain I agree with you about boiled wool...well, some boiled wool.   I've tried on Eileen Fisher's boiled wool, and it's TDF...soft, lightweight and cuddly.   I own 2 of her sweaters in 100% merino wool, too...no problems.

There's no way in hello I can justify the cost of this topper...$438.   I had hoped to find something similar at a more affordable price point (epic fail LOL).   I'll stalk it for a sale, but it'll be a miracle (I believe in miracles, tho!).   The topper quest continues!

Eileen Fisher Notch Collar Merino Wool Topper (Regular & Petite)

@MacDUFF now this is you...keep watching, it will go down and then you will have a keeper.Cat Very Happy

My neck is among my problem areas.  That *arrow* would point right at it😜

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF 

You tell a fabulous story!  We were right there with you!  <G> 

I am a GRIT,  Girl Raised In the South,  I always have my small pocket knife on me or in my handbag.  Many years ago at a Kiddo High School celebration of some sorts I had my knife in my pocket as usual. His MALE teacher/Good size Marine  had a large package (framed painting) given to him that was all wrapped up.  He struggled to get the package open (tape and string) and looks out at the crowd...  *Does Anyone Have a Knife??*   HA!  Not allowed on campus of course!   

I raised my hand and confessed that  YES! I do have a knife!   The room was full of parents  and I was the only person with a sharpened  pocket knife on me?   my goodness...

My Kiddo was  SO  proud!  MOM!  You saved the day!   The grateful teacher got the gift open and handed me back my knife commenting that it was a very nice knife, thanking me.  

Better to have a knife and not need it than...you know the rest.

I feel totally naked when flying with carry on luggage and my knife is back home. <pout> 

Keep Calm and Carry a Good Knife On, 

CAT

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

...My neck is among my problem areas.  That *arrow* would point right at it😜

@tansy

Smiley LOL   I hear ya!  My neck is quickly becoming another problem area, too.   The collar can be folded back, of course, but I could wear it like that with a scarf...if only I could justify the purchase.  ***SIGH***

Esteemed Contributor

@gacat123

Hi!  I'm always happy when someone gets a kick out of my (slightly embellished) stories!

Esteemed Contributor

I had to run out and get a new turtleneck...not that it was imperative LOL...donated all but one and felt like I needed another.   

I found this at SteinMart.   Joseph.   I'm not a big fan of stripes...I feel that stripes accentuate Botti(b)elliâ„¢ (hehehe)...not to mention that I hate banded bottoms.   This top is a little on the short side, too.   It's perfect for a black t-neck underneath tops for warmth...it's a keeper for that...but it seems to work with boot-cut, too. 

This is about the silhouette...shorter/tighter on top, wide bottom.  This is not a silhouette I wear often.   Opinions welcome!

Old DG2 boot-cut...LDO bar necklace...CuddlDud base layer...sweater has a blue stripe in it...can wear with a blue wrap and/or my black ponte Chico's vest for added warmth...

20171214_094258.jpeg

@ECBG

@SouthFlorida321

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFFI think you look nice, as usual ,but since you asked, I don't care for the color mix ,with the stripes for some reason

It is rather masculine looking, and I have seen you wear things a lot better

I hope I am not hurting your feelings  Heart

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF â€” Okay, remember that you asked🙂

You don’t really like stripes across the Botti(b)elli, whose very existence I’ve never seen btw.  It has the hated banded bottom and it’s a bit shorter than you like. 

You truly look fine in it but I’d say three strikes and it’s out.