Valued Contributor

Re: The Project: Curating MacDuff's Closet...

@MacDUFF 

You look very nice as usual. 

I just am not digging the horizontal stripes at all.   

The lean black jeans are to die for, FABULOUS!   

If you like the stripe shirt keep it, if not ditch it.  

DH and I just tossed a  HUGE black bag of old clothes over to the GoodWill shop,  YAY!  

We also cleaned out the under the stairs coat/junk closet and got rid of a few coats. I had two NICE jackets that made me look bulky - OUTA HERE! 

You are a wonderful inspiration!    THANK YOU! 

Keep Calm and Clean Out Closets! 

CAT

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF

Well, I like it! Love the colors..and it is very flattering.

But....after reading your post, I get the feeling that deep down you are not totally taken with it!

So....to avoid having it wind up in a donation bag in the future, maybe the best bet is to return it! Cat Wink

(After being inspired by you to purge my closets, I have not bought a single thing! Nothing! Nada! And it feels great! My credit cards thank you!!)

Trusted Contributor

I predict that you will return the turtleneck.  Horizontal stripes are against your "rules." Sometimes "rules" need to be broken, but I don't think you are ready to do that yet.  

I really like the colors and I love nice turtlenecks.  We don't have any Stein Marts in my area or I'd be tempted to go to look for it myself.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF I don’t like stripes for myself either and the only banded bottom tops I will wear are the good ol’ fashioned sweatshirt hoodies (which I usually buy 1 size up to avoid them being too short and too tight on the bottom LOL).

In reading your post, there really didn’t seem to be too much “positive” to it. The dislikes seemed to win out.  

In saying all the above, I thing you looked fine, but you’ll talk yourself out of it eventually. 😉

Honored Contributor

I like stripes but I do not wear them unless they are broken up by wearing a jacket open over them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Cherry...no hurt feelings at all.   Trust me when I say I'm trying to find tops in colors other than black and grey...thank goodness at least I can wear those colors!    I wonder if it's the black bootcut jean that makes it look masculine...I tend to think of bootcut as being more masculine, don't ask me why lol.   We'll see because I have 2 other outfits (one with a skirt) that I thought this top might work with...both outfits require a shorter top...will post pic later.

This could also be a version of a top that is "unusual."   The stripes add "visual interest"...?   Agree with DiAnne about wearing something to break up the stripes...it looked better with the black vest (will post pic later).  

Tansy, I hide the Botti(b)elli well!!  Smiley Very Happy  Plus, when Handsome is taking a pic, I'm saying to myself, "hurry up already...I can't hold it all up and in for too long!"   Altho, I have actually lost 2 inches from my waist since January YAY! 

To gacat and DH...you get on a roll, and it's hard to stop!!

Image result for hand clapping emoticon gif 

I do like those DG2 bootcut jeans and would like to get some use out of them.   Plus, could I please get out of my uniform rut (long over skinny) once in a while?!

Yellow...how long has it been with no purchases??!   I didn't dare restrict myself to "no purchases!"   I've limited myself big time tho and, obviously being very very picky about it.     

Sandy, I think you hit on something, but here's my thinking on it...some rulez are meant to be broken and some are not, and I don't have a handle on which ones are which!!   Smiley Frustrated

ABDMom...I hope it doesn't take me as long to talk myself out of it as it did to talk myself into it.  Smiley Tongue  If it works with one of the other 2 outfits I'm thinking about, I'll keep it...it was $17. 

BTW, I also bought the sweater in all black (for the turtleneck/base layer) in case the striped one didn't work out.   Yeah, black...turtleneck...basic...boring!   

I want something different!!!    

@cherry

@tansy

@gacat123

@yellowBeetle

@sandy53

@AmericanBulldogMom

@DiAnne

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF Looking forward to the other pics. All that matters is that you like it and will wear it. And hey....don’t knock those basic black turtlenecks. They’re a WI winter girls best friend sometimes!! LOL!! 🤣🤣🤣😉😉

Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom

Do you have a recommendation for a heavyweight t-neck base layer (that doesn't have UA on the collar lol)?   Cabellas stopped selling my favorite unisex interlocking silk (naturally!).

Esteemed Contributor

Oh look!   Here's an unusual, warm-looking sweater in a pretty color for winter.   And it looks so cute with Grandpa's golf pants.   Egads!!

Tory Burch Elyse Lambswool Pullover

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom

Do you have a recommendation for a heavyweight t-neck base layer (that doesn't have UA on the collar lol)?   Cabellas stopped selling my favorite unisex interlocking silk (naturally!).

@MacDUFF Ha! UA would have been my first rec. LOL! As for other heavyweight’s, not really. CD’s has turtlenecks that I have (from Kohl’s), but they’re at best medium weight. I would say to check other hunting stores (which you know about, hence Cabella’s), but only if going for warmth, not fashion, as my husbands T-necks, though very warm, are all hunting camo. 😉