Esteemed Contributor

Re: Talbots sizing help needed

I've tried on so many pairs of Talbots pants that were inconsistent with sizing.  I would never buy a pair online because I have little faith that the pants would fit me.

With that said, Talbots is one of my favorite brands.  For the price, the quality is really really good, and there are incentives to keep buying.  I may be a size 8 in that or a size 12 in this, but overall the garments hold up well in the laundry and have a classic style that will still look great next season.

Getting ready to head over there this afternoon...last day to get dresses and skirts at 30% off!

Esteemed Contributor

Every store has a different manager, but you may be able to speak to one about your dilemma.  My local store manager wants customers to return.  It's obvious by the way she tries to form a relationship with customers.  You might request that they hold some things back for you if you give them your measurements.  My local store has done that for me.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Getting ready to head over there this afternoon...last day to get dresses and skirts at 30% off!

And accessories and jewelry!

Trusted Contributor

I had a $25 rewards coupon that I wanted to use. I went to the Talbot's outlet in my area and everything was 50% off!

I also have a hard time finding pants. I tried on a pair of crop jeans and had to take them in a smaller size and then wanted a pair of the same style in cotton.

In that material, I had to size up. I ended up with a bag of clothes including a new scarf and two pairs of earrings. If I were to buy the same number of items from the Q, it would have been triple or quadruple the price!

Love Talbots!