Respected Contributor

I am doing some online shopping and I noted that Talbot's offers a curvy fit in pants.

What is the difference in the measurements for the curvy fit??

Why can I not find this info on their website??

Any help would be appreciated

Respected Contributor

Re: Talbots sizing help needed

[ Edited ]

At the bottom of the Talbot main web page is "customer service" (in small letters). Click on that. Then click on "size chart" on the left hand side of that page.  You will then see several tabs right above the Size Guide. Click on the tab that says Talbot Pant Fits.  On that page you will see a small explanation of how the curvy pant style fits.  

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

At the bottom of the Talbot main web page is "customer service" (in small letters). Click on that. Then click on "size chart" on the left hand side of that page.  You will then see several tabs right above the Size Guide. Click on the tab that says Talbot Pant Fits.  On that page you will see a small explanation of how the curvy pant style fits.  

Found it, thank you!!

Trusted Contributor

I order A LOT from Talbot's and before I place an order I always do a live chat and request the actual garment measurements for the item I'm interested in.  I've found that really helps me to determine the right size for me.  (By the way, I love their boyfriend jeans)!  I haven't worn jeans in years because I just don't find them comfortable but I like theirs so much I'm thinking of ordering an extra pair so I won't be without, lol!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TalbIots sizing help needed

I am a recent convert to Talbots curvy pants and I love them! I bought the side zip ankle pant and two pair of ankle length jeans, curvy fit. They fit me perfectly. That never happens for me. I ordered my reg brick and mortar pant size. The fabric quality of the side zip pants is particlarly great.

Good luck. Buying pants can be such a challenge.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I can't recommend strongly enough trying to find a Talbot's to go to try on the pants in person.   I think Talbot's pants fit oddly, although some here don't.  I've never gotten a good fit there in pants so I don't buy pants there.  I like a lot of other things though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee is right.  If you can go to a Talbots store, try on the different styles in different sizes to see what fits you best.  I've been a loyal Talbots customer since the early 80s.  I used to be able to walk in, buy any number of clothing items, and wear them the next day with no alterations (I wear a 14 petite).  I can't do that anymore.  A few years ago, the company changed everything -- styles, cuts, fit -- and quite honestly, the fit on many things is odd and very narrow.   I'm very disappointed in Talbots as I relied on them to sell classic, stylish, work-worthy fashions that fit well consistently and lasted for years. I've had to cut back my Talbots purchases significantly in recent years for that very reason.

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny  In keeping with your post, when I was in Talbot's the other day shopping the jewelry, I overheard a customer come in asking the sales clerk which pants used to be the "such-and-such" pants.  The salesclerk then went into this long diatribe about how all the pants have changed blah blah blah - took forever.  The customer finally just asked her bottom line question: well what are X pants now called?   To which the saleslady hemmed and hawed again - I could tell the X pants were no more but were substituted with the pants now named Y  (can't remember the names). I don't think the customer was very happy.  She was looking for her old reliable brand and size which didn't exist any more, yet the salesclerk was trying to skirt (pardon the pun) around that issue.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee. Unfortunately, Talbots alienated their core customer years ago.  I recently returned two pair of ankle pants (in two different sizes) that I had ordered by mail for convenience.  I took them to the flagship store in NYC, and I complained to the clerk about the fit.  She really didn't know what to say but said she understood the frustration.  She told me she has four different sizes of Talbots pants in her closet because no one size fits her as it did in the past.  I didn't bother shopping around any further, and I left. Why the company thinks this is a winning strategy is beyond me.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with many of the PP.  

So many stores have "new and improved" sizing.....groan!!!!

I thought about heading over to a Talbot's today but I have a feeling finding all the 'verisons' of the sizes I want to try are not going to be available for me to try on (so many stores tell me to go online to get the smaller sizes).  Unfort. both of the Talbot's in my area are in horrible locations for traffic and parking.

I may just order each pair of pants I am interested in 4 sizes and return everything that does not work to the store.  This is basically what I do when it is time to buy pants....double groan!!