Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@NickNack  If the 50% off coat isn't the right size, you can exchange it at a store (same price) for the correct size!

@Pearlee  I didn't know that.  Thank you very much!

@NickNack  You are welcome.  Smiley Happy   See, you really didn't have to order two of them!

@Pearlee  It was an online exclusive.  I would have been afraid it would have been sold out in the other size if I hadn't ordered two.  It usually takes me a week to receive orders from Talbots.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Oh wait. If it was an online exclusive, then you wouldn't be able to exchange it at a store for your proper size. My bad!  Sorry to mislead you.  I didn't know the part about online exclusive. I would have done the same thing you did then! Sorry for any misinformation.  However....if you do have to return the one that was 50% off, I think I'd go to the store, take both, and explain it.  I know that since I'm a "regular" at my stores here in town, the manager of the store I'm pretty sure would give me the 50% off price, even if I have to keep the 40% off one as being the right size.   Talbot's is very customer service oriented.   I don't think a regular clerk could do that for you, but a manager could and I would certainly ask for that courtesy.

Honored Contributor

I behaved myself - I only ordered three button down shirts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbots black Friday

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@NickNack  Oh wait. If it was an online exclusive, then you wouldn't be able to exchange it at a store for your proper size. My bad!  Sorry to mislead you.  I didn't know the part about online exclusive. I would have done the same thing you did then! Sorry for any misinformation.  However....if you do have to return the one that was 50% off, I think I'd go to the store, take both, and explain it.  I know that since I'm a "regular" at my stores here in town, the manager of the store I'm pretty sure would give me the 50% off price, even if I have to keep the 40% off one as being the right size.   Talbot's is very customer service oriented.   I don't think a regular clerk could do that for you, but a manager could and I would certainly ask for that courtesy.

@Pearlee  Okay, if I need to return the 50% off one I will do that.  I thought you meant that they could exchange the 40% off coat for the 50% off coat that I ordered.  Now I understand.  

I'm not a good customer though.  When I was working I shopped at Talbots almost exclusively.  Now I dress more casually and shop at Loft and Anthropologie.  Still, I hope they would do it for me.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

ordered 3 items today for gifts.

went through mr rebates and received 50% off everything, free shipping, and 7% cash back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

I bought some really cute pajamas last night C659689.  I've bought lots of pajamas from them in the past, and they're very nice.  This morning I bought a short double-breasted coat C460689.  I ordered two sizes and will return the one that doesn't fit.  I hope I picked the right size to get 50% off on.  The second coat just got 40%.  I wanted the blue, but it was sold out of both the 6 and the 8, which are what I needed.  It was available in blue in all other sizes.  I ended up ordering the pebble heather, which is a nice color, too.  I'm excited about getting such a good deal.  I will be disappointed, though, if the 50% off coat is the wrong size.

I have a longer red coat from Talbots that I've had for about eight years.  It is such high quality and still looks great.  I hope this coat will be the same quality.

My coats arrived today, and the one that I guessed would fit better and got 50% off of didn't fit as well as the one I got 40% off of.  The sale was you got 50% off the first item, and 40% off of the rest.  I guessed that the size 8 coat would fit the best since I have a size 8 Talbots coat that fits well.  The size 6 coat fit so much better, so that is the one I'm going to keep.  I'm going to take both coats to the store and hope that they will make the adjustment and give me 50% off the coat I'm keeping as @Pearlee suggested.  I have a feeling they won't though, since I'm not a big Talbots customer anymore.  I'm so disappointed.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack  I think they will give it to you - just stand your ground.  Especially because SINCE that sale you ordered on - which I well remember - Talbot's had been running for days and days and even extended it - buy one item at 50% full price and one at 50% off clearance price.  In other words, Talbots for days and days ran 50% off an item - it wasn't your fault that what you wanted was online only.  The point being for days and days T was offering 50% off!    As I said before, the manager is the only one who can do this for you so only deal with a manager, but I'd say how upset and angry you are. T really does want to please the customer so stand firm!   I'm rooting for you!   You can do this!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NickNack  I think they will give it to you - just stand your ground.  Especially because SINCE that sale you ordered on - which I well remember - Talbot's had been running for days and days and even extended it - buy one item at 50% full price and one at 50% off clearance price.  In other words, Talbots for days and days ran 50% off an item - it wasn't your fault that what you wanted was online only.  The point being for days and days T was offering 50% off!    As I said before, the manager is the only one who can do this for you so only deal with a manager, but I'd say how upset and angry you are. T really does want to please the customer so stand firm!   I'm rooting for you!   You can do this!

Thanks @Pearlee.  I just got back from Talbots.  They did it for me very willingly.  It was $20 difference, so I really wanted them to do it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Yippee!  I'm glad that worked out for you --- I do think Talbots is very customer-friendly and strives to keep its customers happy.  $20 is a significant difference.   Good for you for asking!