Highlighted
Honored Contributor

“THE SCARF LADY”

[ Edited ]

I'm watching Dr. Birx, a brilliant woman with lots of valuable info on COVID 19, but she also ties a scarf with extraordinary flair. 

She always has on a different one, gorgeous colors to match her outfits, holidays, seasons and ties them expertly.

She's riveting to listen to, but also watch her to catch her scarf tricks.

Honored Contributor

I am not a scarf person. 

I must admit, "the scarf lady" can rock her scarfs.  I don't think she has ever worn the same scarf twice.  Nor worn it the same way twice. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: “THE SCARF LADY”

[ Edited ]

Some times less is enough.  If she wanted 'attention" - she got it.

Super Contributor

I don't think she wears the scarves for "attention"!  It's her style statement, and very well done at that.  I'm sure she's worn scarves for years.  To think she wears them  only for attention is ridiculous!!

Trusted Contributor

I see a MASSIVE book deal awaiting Dr. Birx/Dr. Fauci after this ordeal at least subsides.

In her book, in addition to what I'm sure will be fascinating inside info about the inner workings of the COVID Task Force,  I suspect Dr. Birx will go into some interesting explanation of her penchant for scarves and her techniques for tying each one to add some "personality" to the story.

I know most of us admire the sparkling intellect and presentation skills of Dr. Birx but I truly believe it's hard to ignore her style sense.

Honored Contributor

I'm not on Facebook, but someone told me Dr. Birx' scarves have their own Facebook page! Smiley LOL

I did hear her say today, while I was driving, in reference to nail salons opening up that she has never had her nails done. 

Respected Contributor

Love her scarves.....she doesn't know what she's missing on manicures Woman Very Happy.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always loves scarfs and have many. I find myself as you mentioned looking to see how she wears them. Also, I've noticed expensive designer ones. They are beautiful! 
  I recall years ago not wanting to spend $50. On a Hermès in Paris. I wish I had now! 
  My first car was a convertible. My hair was long so I would wear a scarf wrapped and tied behind and it blew in the wind. (The cat's  eye sunglasses were in style then).

Dr Brix has beautiful hair also, and a perfect style for her.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Love her scarves.....she doesn't know what she's missing on manicures Woman Very Happy.

@Hoovermom - True, but I can understand not having manicures since she is an M.D. But I can't believe she's never treated herself to a PEDICURE! Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: “THE SCARF LADY”

[ Edited ]

I wear scarves frequently in cooler weather. There are so many different ways to tie them. I've always thought if a scarf is the first thing you notice, it's probably too much. Personally I think the doctor's scarves are sometimes distracting.

I admire the doctor for her work. Also she presents herself in dignified manner. That cannot always be easy to do.