Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Interesting that the woman is being lauded for her scarves and not her medical ability

Since this is a fashion forum, the topic is not about her medical background. 

Honored Contributor

I think she has a beautiful collection of silk scarves from her worldwide travels. It is great that she wears them instead of having them sit in a drawer. She clearly goes for quality which I have always thought a wise thing to do. I like women who have their own sense of style instead of going with trends. She is confident and very smart.

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram I agree that she has probably worn scarves for years.

I think she is also showing that you can be stylish and be protective IF you decide you would like to pull it up over your mouth/nose instead of a regular mask. I saw her pull it over her nose one time when she was sitting down and not up on stage. Probably easier and faster to do than pulling out a mask.

Esteemed Contributor

This 5 year old asked if she could wear a scarf like Dr. Birx...nailed it !

Her signature scarves have built a following

As Dr. Birx tends to wear patterned silk scarves during the daily WH coronavirus briefings, viewers have taken note, and even fashion cues.  Some followers have posted pictures of themselves sporting similar scarves to hers on Twitter.

Why was Dr. Birx sporting scarves even before people started using them as makeshift face masks during the pandemic? Turns out, it’s one of her tips for packing lightly and sticking to just one carry-on bag when traveling for work. “I take relatively plain dresses, black and other colors, that you can then change the scarves on, and through that it looks like it’s a totally different outfit,” Dr. Birx stated.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover Thanks for sharing the photos. I was pretty sure she didn't just start it for the sake of the virus situation. She looks good in whatever scarf she wears.

I have a large collection of scarves and get many compliments on them when I am at work, although I don't usually wear them during the summer. She's right; you can travel lighter using a scarf as an accessory, and they can totally change the appearance of a plain top. Plus, for me it is an easy souvenir to bring home from various countries.

Respected Contributor

She has earned the title of "Scarf Queen".  She wears them well.  Very classy lady.  My question was how in the heck did she travel with that huge selection of scarves???  That, along with her vast collection of wardrobe, means she's a heck of a packer as well.  LOL!  Go girl!!!!  Nice to see brain power and fashion sense all in one!

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I love watching and listening to The Scarf Lady.  I admire her sophistication and calm demeanor.  She is the total opposite of me.  lol

Also love seeing how she styles those scarves differently.  Maybe she watches How To videos on YouTube in her spare time.

She needs to watch a video on MAKING A MASK... and WEAR ONE.

she is one of the tribe's  fools, who goes without a mask to keep her job😄.

Honored Contributor

When watching one of the press conferences she mentioned that one of the scarves came from Africa...I believe she has been collecting scarves for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I love watching and listening to The Scarf Lady.  I admire her sophistication and calm demeanor.  She is the total opposite of me.  lol

Also love seeing how she styles those scarves differently.  Maybe she watches How To videos on YouTube in her spare time.

She needs to watch a video on MAKING A MASK... and WEAR ONE.

she is one of the tribe's  fools, who goes without a mask to keep her job😄.

She's the Dr she can make these decisions on her own. Your comment is really really unecessarily rude and political.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

"...she is one of the tribe's  fools, who goes without a mask to keep her job😄....".

@SeaMaiden  Nasty...keep it to yourself!