Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry, couldn't take it anymore

I never see any fur/faux fur coats here in California.  Where do you see these full length faux fur coats?.  Once in a while I see faux fur trimmed, or even real fur trimmed short coats, but then again in California you wouldn't get much use out them.  I was wondering where one would wear one?

Valued Contributor

My girlfriend is on blood thinners and is very small in statue (no extra weight on her frame) so she is COLD all the time.  When the temp gets under 50 degrees a faux fur is all that will keep her warm.  She must have 30 of them and looks adorable in all of them.  Just my opinion, some girls can pull of the faux fur look and some girls look better in the tailored look but I am not a clothing designer by any means.  Just a guy that thinks my gal looks stunning and prettier than any model I have ever seen.  I guess it depends on what part of the country a person lives in.  We are in the Carolinas (jumping between home and beach home we cover both Carolinas) so we do normally have 4 seasons.  The last few years it seems like it goes from warm weather to snow (not often thank goodness)  without a fall.  Girls take it from a guy, wear what you feel good in.  You are all beautiful as I have never seen a human that is not beautiful in there own special way. 

As far as the subject here, I am sorry I got way off subject but I only watch what my daughters watch so I can spend time with them.  I think they changed channels when this show in question was on. 

Respected Contributor

i have come to the conclusion that no matter what Shawn does the ones who can't stand her will find any thing to pick on her just so that they can come on here and start a moan and groan dislike post about her. Also seeing it is the same ones who come on here and complain about her. My ADVICE don't watch her I have not one problem with Shawn like the way she presents and her so called stories don't up set me at all. There are plenty of other hosts to watch even though they have their nay sayers also.

Esteemed Contributor

I am confused.  I did not see what show is being referred to but from the time the OP was posting I thought they were referring to JRT and Dennis.  wHat does Shawn have to do with this?

Respected Contributor

They seemed to be having a good time, and they sold a lot of coats. If her stories weren't selling things, the producers would cut her off.

Respected Contributor

The $238 coat was pretty, but they did not do any close ups.  It looked good on both Maria and Kate.

Esteemed Contributor

Jane would look adorable with a hairdo like blond Maria.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with the OP, she just can't do one show without it being all about her and her family and the endless stories.  Dennis did not look like a happy camper, just waiting for her to finish her stories.  But then the two of them were talking over each other, which was a total train wreck.  I can't believe the producers don't say anything to her.  

I tune in to see and hear the vendor talk about their product and just for once I'd like to see it not always be about her and her family.  I realize every host is proud of their family and mention them at times, which I'm sure no one really minds (I know I don't) but it's just constant with her on every single show she hosts and it goes on and on.  It would be great to present the products for which you get paid to do.  I wonder how many people change the channel when she's hosting.  I know I could never watch an entire show when she hosts, only when it's an item I'm interested in seeing on the models.

Esteemed Contributor

There is one Designer that I don't watch because of her constant talking over the host just gets on my nerves. Last week I was looking on QVC.com for a nice sweater in Royal blue...Lo and behold I found one I loved..... and it was from that Designer. I ended up buying it in 3 colors. I am sure I would buy more of her collection if I could enjoy watching her presentations.

Respected Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I totally agree with the OP, she just can't do one show without it being all about her and her family and the endless stories.  Dennis did not look like a happy camper, just waiting for her to finish her stories.  But then the two of them were talking over each other, which was a total train wreck.  I can't believe the producers don't say anything to her.  

I agree.  It really is annoying when the host and vendor talk over each other.  When they have a vendor on that they know talks a lot they should pair them up with a host who will do minimal talking and let the vendor do all the work.  I know that is difficult when the item they are selling is a TSV but they could try.