Occasional Contributor

Liquid knit is heavy and hot and lets face it, it is POLYESTER!!!! It does pill my very first purchase completely pilled! Time for a new fabric Susan! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Agree, I DO NOT wear 100% poly, ever!!!  It is hot and makes me sweat and smell bad!!

Mix in some cotton or silk or other natural fibre!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
New Contributor

Agreed!!  Liquid Knit is SOOOOOOO Frumpy!!!!!!! I really don't see how Susan Graver is considered QVC's top designer.

Honored Contributor

I disagree.  I LOVE liquid knit!  I have countless items in my closet that are liquid knit.  I have never found it to be anything other than a wonderful, easy care fabric.  Never had any pilling. Never felt overly warm in the items I have.  It's my favorite fabric!    By the way, I'm also a fan of polyester.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sick of Liquid Knit!!

[ Edited ]

Lol!!   Truly, I am mystified.

I recall when everything transitioned to synthetics. Was that the 70's?

Polyester was all you could find in the stores for years.

Eventually there was a revolt, with enough people demanding cotton, silk, linen, etc, and the garment industry responded.

I know fashion moves in cycles, and synthetics are back, but I never understood all these people pushing so much 100% polyester clothes on QVC without offering alternatives in natural fabrics for the rest of us.

It doesn't tempt me at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I disagree. I have several of SG items and have not had a problem. They are great for travel. I was just going through some clothing, and I have some SG liquid knit tops that are over two years old which have not pilled and look like new. They are my "go to" for work and travel. Definitely easy care fabric which is why it is great for travel.  I have never felt hot when wearing the items but I tolerate heat well as I am one of those who can wear longer sleeves in the Summer of 90+ degrees. I do not like her increasing prices as I love this line.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I like poly/liquid knit!!

It doesn't fade, shrink, or wrinkle. I can wash & hang to dry. I wear mostly solids, I don't care for some of Susan Gravers' items with the loud prints. I've found a few poly tops @Cato's & grabbed them up, if the print was right. I'm VERY picky about all my pattern clothing. It has to be something that really strikes me, before I will make a purchase.

Honored Contributor

Is someone forcing you to buy it ?????

Contributor

I so agree!. I've been over it long ago. 

Honored Contributor

I buy mostly liquid knit and love it.