Honored Contributor

Everybody uses this fabric no matter the designer. Everbody sells it. Polyester is everywhere, high-end, low-end, here, hsn, evine, talbots, macys, target, boscovs, big lots.

Look at logo, what does she profess: poly span. Liquid knit is the same thing - poly span. There are so many types of polyesters out there, SG just coined the phrase 'liquid knit'. It is no magic fabric by any means. Most polys do what SG says, no pill, no fade, mostly no wrinkles. Her's does wrinkle. I've had new liq knit with fold creases in it what seems like forever.

It's nothing special.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of liquid knit, and of poly in general.  I find it very comfortable.  Never had any pilling.

Respected Contributor

Some people want it ALL.  Superior quality product but low, low prices, throw in free S&H.  Ain't gonna happen.  It's as simple as pick and choose where and what you like.  You can squeek all you want.  Plenty of other options.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of liquid knit myself but it sells like hot cakes.  I can't say for sure, but I would guess 90% of her fashions are offered in liquid knit.  I think some of her clothing is really cute but I don't feel self confident when I wear liquid knit.

Honored Contributor

Someone must like it , they sell it by the ton

Honored Contributor

Is liquid knit all that you can find on QVC?  Is Susan Graver the only designer?

I like some liquid knit and I have no issue with it being hot. No I wouldn't wear it to sit outside in the sun but generally I'm in a/c all summer long. 

I've never had a problem with it pilling either.  Ever.    

Honored Contributor

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that SG is using currently manufactured polyester and not bolts she's been hording from the '70s...

Advancements in textiles are nothing short of astounding! Polyester is NOT the sweat inducing saran wrap it once was and can be engineered to have the hand of just about any natural fiber.

And then there's the advancements in natural fibers; cotton that doesn't wrinkle?! Rayon you can put in the washing machine?!

It costs much less to produce and there are still plenty of good reasons not to wear synthetics but lack of breathability is no longer a given......

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that SG is using currently manufactured polyester and not bolts she's been hording from the '70s...

Advancements in textiles are nothing short of astounding! Polyester is NOT the sweat inducing saran wrap it once was and can be engineered to have the hand of just about any natural fiber.

And then there's the advancements in natural fibers; cotton that doesn't wrinkle?! Rayon you can put in the washing machine?!

It costs much less to produce and there are still plenty of good reasons not to wear synthetics but lack of breathability is no longer a given......

I have never owned anything that is polyester that does not make me uncomfortable. I have really tried to wear it..even a beautiful blouse from Linea but to no avail. I ended up donating it after trying to wear it about 3 or 4 times. Same with Susan's liquid knit. Just sticky and uncomfortable.

Maybe I am allergic to it. Even my sleepwear must be 100 percent cotton and I buy it from Eileen West. Must be me...

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Someone must like it , they sell it by the ton

@cherry

Wouldn't it be 'by the gallon' ?

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11

Well it is chemically laden/plastic. I'm sure it's possible