Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Trinity11

Well it is chemically laden/plastic. I'm sure it's possible

Good point @Andreatoo!

Respected Contributor

Re: Sick of Liquid Knit!!

[ Edited ]

It seems the OP is having a bad day.  So far she's displeased with LOGO, D&C, Liquid Knit.Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Occasional Contributor

I agree.  In fact I have found that most of the knits sold at QVC are inferior quality.  I have had to return so many and I hate to do that because of the expense.  Some of the patterns are really pretty, but they need to do better fabrics and knock it off with the cookie cutter 3/4 sleeve tops they make.  Nearly every single designer is doing the same thing.  You can tell where it comes from immediately.

I am finding that QVC is selling Wal-Mart and Target quality clothing at Macy's and Belk prices.  I do much better here in the South at Belk.  Clothing is better quality and the prices are very good especially the sales and coupons they offer.

I may have to quit shopping at QVC.  I have only been with them for a little over a year or two and it seems to be getting worse.

Respected Contributor

This thread contains more baloney then a package of Oscar Meyer.   

Esteemed Contributor

Why in the world would SG discard liquid knit and get a new fabric? She sells a lot of it and has more fans than you probably realize, all because of liquid knit. I've been buying her tops for a number of years because I like the feel of the material, its durability and ease with washing and drying. I have never, ever had any of the tops pill, even after years of wear. Poly material isn't going anywhere - it has too many advantages. If you don't like liquid knit, I'm sure there are other brands and fabrics out there that will better meet your requirements.

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Why in the world would SG discard liquid knit and get a new fabric? She sells a lot of it and has more fans than you probably realize, all because of liquid knit. I've been buying her tops for a number of years because I like the feel of the material, its durability and ease with washing and drying. I have never, ever had any of the tops pill, even after years of wear. Poly material isn't going anywhere - it has too many advantages. If you don't like liquid knit, I'm sure there are other brands and fabrics out there that will better meet your requirements.

@jannabelle1  I couldn’t have said it better.  I feel sorry for the spouses of these women.  I bet they’re nagged to death. 

Respected Contributor

As far as LK being hot...I recently had to go directly from a baseball game to funeral. I wore a short sleeved SG jacket (black) & it was surprisingly not that hot. I'm sure people thought I was over dressed for a ball game,lol. But hey! You gotta do what you gotta do. I was shocked I didn't sweat at all & I'm in Texas heat. 

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

As far as LK being hot...I recently had to go directly from a baseball game to funeral. I wore a short sleeved SG jacket (black) & it was surprisingly not that hot. I'm sure people thought I was over dressed for a ball game,lol. But hey! You gotta do what you gotta do. I was shocked I didn't sweat at all & I'm in Texas heat. 

@TX-starlight

Hanes has a Hanes Sport line called Cool-Dri that's 100% polyester.  I tried one top last summer and went back this year got a few more basic t-shirts.  

Poly is great for hot sticky weather.  It doesn't get soggy like cotton does. 

Honored Contributor

@mikeandshelly...I like it and do not find it to be to heavy for summer.  I have several tops and none have pilled...there are a lot of choices for clothing fabric....no need to pick on Liquid Knit...just move on to another designer/fabric...it's simple.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of polyester. I looked it up, and learned that it is made from plastic derived from crude oil. Some is made from recycled plastic bottles. Woman Surprised

Here's what I found:

"Is polyester made from plastic?"

"That basically means that our clothes are increasingly made of plastic. Polyester is a polymer, or a long chain of repeating molecular units. The most common variety is polyethylene terephthalate, or PET, a plastic derived from crude oil that's used to make soda and ketchup bottles."

Jun 5, 2015

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~