Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, March 18th

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, the sun is shining brightly outside of my window. 

Yesterday I was tempted by a pair of Ecco high top sneaker available at 6pm.  I dilly dallied long enough that my size sold out :-)

Today I am cruising around Best Buy looking for a shelf audio system.

One of the last presents DH bought me was a Bose Wave Music player, Christmas of 2006.  It was one of those, he wanted one in the house and bought it for me, lol.  I thought it was insane to pay that much for a stupid radio.  I used the radio function the most because after the first couple of years the CD player in it started clicking and acting funky.  I am not hard on electronics - I still have a Sony boombox from the 90's that works just fine :-)

Last fall the darn Bose thing died.  When I try to turn it on I see the please wait message and nothing happens.  I replaced the battery in the remote and unplugged the thing for a week to see if it would re-set itself.

My community is having an electronic recycling event next month  and the Bose is going, along with one of the 2 VCRs I have in the house.

I just want something with 2 speakers that I can sit on the bookcase in the family room so I can listen to my music.  Right now the Sony is serving the purpose but I need a little something more.

The money I would have paid for sneakers I don't need can go to my audio shelf system :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time - Sunday, March 18th

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I really like Bose products and they are cost effective over the long run but sometimes there are products that deliver good sound that can satisfy us. Yes, resistance on buying the sneakers can be put to better use. Good luck on finding a system that works for you.

Good morning, shopping friends. I guess this is kitchen day so there will be no temptations of any kind.

It is a beautiful sunny day with acceptable temperatures but there are rumors of possible snow mid-week. At this point, I don't care as long as travel day to the airport is a good one. Two hours one way on questionnable roads is not my idea of fun.

I did cancel the PTR TSV as I couldn't justify the cost when paying a big tax bill to the State. It is tricky when one source took out Federal taxes but didn't take out State. Oh well, this morning I made an estimated tax payment for 2018 to the State for the first quarter.

I really slept well last night and awakened later than usual. Of course, Midnight paid me a visit during the night and encouraged me to get up, go to the bathroom, and to feed him a snack.

I have had this FitBit for a year, purchasing it last March from QVC. I'm more into reading the sleep data and heart rate data than the other information. Lack of quality sleep can contribute to the heart issue so I really track both. I've never regretted this purchase. If it ever dies, I will get another.

March17Sleep.JPG

I work tomorrow and Tuesday, so I will be doing odds and ends around the house today. Wednesday, I take my mouser to the vet for boarding and do last minute things for the trip.

I looked at my record of purchases for April last year for both the Q and Amazon. I definitely will be watching April carefully; I have no idea what mood I was in last year but April was a bit excessive. It is interesting looking at order summaries and seeing what was actuallly used enough to make the purchases cost effective. Right now, I am thinking of returning to Australia next year. That is a big motivator for watching expenses, despite being able to use airline miles for the ticket.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you find a shelf audio system you like.  I have had my Bose for ages, and it continues to work very well.  However, I mostly use the radio function rather than the CD one.  Not sure that makes a difference, but....  I think you will enjoy having a system that works even more when you retire soon.  I don't just keep it on for "background music", but I do use my radio a great deal -- check the news, etc.

Hi Jean.  I feel the same way about my FitBit.  Definitely worth the money, and I will replace it when it dies.  I am interested in a new version that is waterproof since I have lots of opportunities to swim here.  I hope the next few days go well, and you have a great trip.  A return to Australia also sounds great.  I remember when you took that trip, and how much you enjoyed it.

While it should be zero temptation for me since I have more than enough kitchen stuff, I really, really like the TSV.  Hopefully, I will listen to my sensible side rather than buy something I do not need at all.  Many, many years ago, my late Aunt gave me a Le Creuset casserole that I used and used.  I decided it wasn't really needed when I moved, but have come to regret that decision.  Oh well....

I'm back from church and headed to the gym soon.  It is cloudy and cool here, and it is only expected to make it to the low 60's (below average for this time of the year here.)  I know that would be a heat wave for many places, but......

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I have never had Le Creuset but I do know the line is quality.. If you enjoyed the one the aunt gave you but regretted giving it away when you moved then perhaps you might want to carefully consider the TSV.

I don't knoow that I will return to Australia; perhaps it will be some place else or not at all. It is motivation, however, to plan accordingly. Dreams can become reality but also can turn into nightmares if not carefully considered.

I've been charging my Kindle so I'm ready to start another book. While doing that, I binge watched "The Killing," a Netflix series.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I'm no Betty Crocker and earlier this morning Leah almost convinced me that I needed the TSV, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

It is moped weather here , so I had a fun afternoon on my moped.  I drove to the library & got my walk in.  My DH  mopeded to a friends home & came home with  sad news.  Our df was diagnosed with dementia this week & is still driving & in  denial.  His wife passed away 4 year's ago & was my bf.

My problems are minimal.

I am no BC either.  Lol.

Hugs to all of you.