Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - June 8th

Cerb,  good job on getting rid of things in the freezer.  I get very diligent with our freezers when a vacation is coming up.  Sorry about having to send back some jewelry purchase , but no sense in keeping something that will get little wear.

LINDAL,  Sorry that you had to buy your DD new tires, but at least she will be safe on the highway.  I am glad that the caretaker could help with the messes.  prayers for you & your DH as you are traveling down a very difficult road.

Honored Contributor

Hello all -

Jean, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Branson.  Smart move, bringing a present back for Midnight - he he he.

Rosa, I like the description of Mark's wedding band.  I really am excited for you.

LindaL, I've done the same thing for my sister.  I make more money than her and I am a freak about cars being in good condition so I'd rather fork over the money for maintenance and new tires then receive the call that there was an accident.

Susan, Kathleen, Marijane, Essie, Twinny, Charlene, Snicks, Arlene, and anyone else I might have missed (lol)  Hello There :-) 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, sorry to not speak to each individually, but lots going on again today. I'm happy that most are having a good day, and feel for those whose day is not so great.
I spent the morning, again, working in the yard. I need to give myself a day's break, as my fingers and wrists are swollen a bit (arthritis) but it was a really nice morning and still lots needing done, so I hit it once again. Then scrubbed down one of the bathrooms. Will do the other tomorrow, along with dusting. We have been able to have windows open for a while now, so dust is everywhere, but I think by the weekend, if not before the AC will have to come on, so am holding off the dusting as long (longer than I should as it is my most hated household chore, lol) as possible. Now I need to figure out something for dinner, no clue what it's going to be.
Hope everyone has a nice afternoon/evening. Waves to all....
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another hot, sunny day, but like snicks, after doing a bunch of yard work yesterday my hands are hurting; I'm surprised I don't ache all over. I did get the grass cut both front and back, about half the weeds trimmed, and also got the litter boxes scrubbed, a bit of organizing in the office done, banana cakes baked, stuffed peppers made, and a little bit of floor washing and kitchen cleaning.  Today will be just homework and later this evening when it's cooler I'll take the dogs for a ride to Walmart - I'm putting up the smaller pool tomorrow, which is an Easy-Set, so I have to get an air pump for the top ring and also for the floating lounge. 

While cutting the grass I found a drone; a couple of days ago a little boy came to the door to ask if I'd seen it, so I gave him permission to look in the front and back yards - I guess he missed it. It reminded me of when I was his age - I've always had an interest in both flying and outer space, and I had a rocket that used a pressurized water pump to make it take off. It worked great and went quite high, but I often had to knock on a neighbor's door to ask them to get it off their roof. Cat Happy  Anyway, he told me which house he lives in when he introduced himself, so I'll take it over when I'm dressed and on my way out.

Charlene, like you I'm trying to use what's in my freezer (I say that a lot, don't I?), as I want to make a trip to Trader Joe's. Unfortunately, what space I had made was filled up with the six pound package of ground beef that I had gotten in Sam's Club (broken into smaller packages, of course). Cat Frustrated I do have a bunch of Wallflowers I've been trying to sell - I'd forgotten all about them until you reminded me, so I'll have to get them listed.

Bird, here's your special story for today! Cat LOL

Glad you remembered Midnight on this trip and brought him something back, Jean! I got my gang a nice cat bed a month or two ago; it's made like a little cottage, and for the first few days Whisper enjoyed it, but now it's being ignored. 

For anyone whose dealing with a flea problem, once again, I have to praise the Seresto collars! Of the three dogs regular products worked great, but for some reason Autumn was crawling with them no matter what I used, so in desperation, I got her one. In less than two days she was totally flea-free.  The collar was so big that the end that I cut off was large enough to make a collar for Whisper, who also had a problem - every day I'd comb him and come up with a bunch of flea dirt. Once again, in less than two days he was free of fleas and flea dirt. Then came the BIG test!  My poor Svetlana has a flea allergy which left her with sores all over, and absolutely nothing worked on them - not Program, not topically applied products, not diatemaceous earth...nothing. My sweet little girl likes to hang out on the edge of the bathtub (it's cool), and it would be covered in "bloody yuck" when she got up. I ordered a collar for her, and now three days later the sores are almost healed and when she gets up there's no mess behind. I don't know which is us is happier!  She's very thin, so I'm going to give her another dewormer and hopefully she'll put some weight on as Whisper has since I got rid of his fleas.  God bless the person who invented this wonderful product!  Cat LOL If anyone is reading this and wants one, don't go to Petco/Petsmart or a vet - they're $70-80 there; you can get them on Amazon or eBay for $35-40. A large size dog collar is big enough to make three average sized cat collars, and they last for eight months.  I don't know when I've been so impressed with a product! 

LindaL, sorry to hear about the continued problems; I continue to pray for you.

Well, I guess I should get moving and do something constructive.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

Hi again, update on the water line replacement work started at my house last November, lol. Today more dirt was dumped, raked out a tiny bit, grass seed thrown on it and straw put down. I take it they are done. I must say I looked at it between the dirt being raked and seed put on. It sure looks like it is going to be rough to mow, when it finally gets to that point. I don't really know, never have had this done before, but if so...I might have to make another phone call, lol. What an ordeal this has been, my front yard looks just terrible, and I am trying to not be too upset till I see how this grows and the final results.
Trusted Contributor

Snicks did they "smooth " it out before the seed went on? hopefully it will turn out ok....I have visions of you mowing as if you are on a roller coaster!

Honored Contributor

@Genny1, it's not nearly as smooth as I expected it would be. Lol, roller coaster mowing sounds about right.