Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I hope everyone is having a great morning, we have sun right now, I think it may rain later but I am not sure.  I have to admit the rain has done wonders for the garden.  You can water a garden all you want, but a good rain just does so much more for it. 

I hope everyone slept well last night and so did their spouses.  I know it hard for a few of you to get a good nights sleep.

So who is ordering the TSV, it is pretty, but not real for my world.  I am getting better at realizing that though some things are pretty, they just aren't for my real life. 

Well off to go get a birthday gift, hope everyone has a great morning.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - June 8th

Good morning Susan, and all who follow!  I hardly ever look at the tsv anymore.  I did buy some things at Bath and Body, and then ordered what they didn't have in the store. I have done really well with not shopping this year.  I'm trying to figure out a way to go on that Tiger cruise.

I need to go to the grocery today then make peach cobbler.  Yum!  Trying a new recipe.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies...thanks for starting Susan.....I haven't looked at the s/v today...will have to take a peek.

Kathleen good job On your  shopping.....I had gotten a email about The Bath and Body sale...haven't used them in awhile....I just have been buying the shower gels at the supermarket stocking up when they are on sale.

It's a beautiful day here high 60's sunny but I think we will be in for storms later.    I am sitting in a tire store having 4 new tires put on.....had the flat last week and the spare for my car is s regular tire not a donut so I could have just drove around on that but feel better if I have an extra in my trunk just in case....and I knew I needed all new other ones for quite awhile.

Nothing else going on.....have a nice day...Marijane

Respected Contributor

Morning, Thanx @PAlady for the start, sunny here today & 70's, perfect for now, major heat to come for the week-end.

I also think a lot of the jewelry is beautiful, but then I look at what I have & never wear & say to myself, forget it! even with clothes, so my buying has dwindled greatly, well kitchen gadgets are my downfall.

Need to get the last 3 tomato plants in the ground today, will see how they do, the ones in the pots are doing great.

Hope all have a good day

Essie

Valued Contributor

Good morning, I love the TSV, but have never worn a lot of jewelery, I love it on others though.

Still digging out here at work from being off last week....But it was worth it.

Bought Mark's wedding band last night, very plain and simple.  It is tungsten, black, just a simple band.

Linda Latte, keeping you and DH in my prayers.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I checked out the TSV but decided it was not something I would use often. After the cord gets dirty as it will with wearing over a period of time, the beautiful centerpiece ould be difficult to use.

Kathleen--Enjoy your Bath and Body purchases. The peach cobbler sounds like a great recipe to try. Yes, you have done well with your purchases this year.

Rosa--Super congrats! You are so deserving of this special happiness. Mark's band sounds so nice!

Essie--I am with you on the jewelry purchases. I have so much but much of it is no longer being worn as I've gotten out of the jewelry phase in which I decked myself out.

Marijane--A tire purchase is a need, as an exta is always needed whether it be a donut or regular.

I am back from Branson, which is an amazing place to visit for the scenery as well as the variety of entertainment. I bought Midnight a new pet bed in Branson which is he currently enjoying as well as some of Branson's local food products.

I didn't watch TV or even checked out the Internet much while gone. I don't like posting from any tablet, so I rarely post. Our days and evenings were filled, and time spent in between activities warranted a quick check on email, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I still love jewelry, Essie, and have my eye on a necklace. I've dwindeled my collection down to my very favorite pieces and don't really need more. These days they have to have memories attached or they just don't make it in the rotation.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone!  Susan - thanks for getting us started today.  No TSV for me either.  Even though it's pretty, I agree with Jean that once the cord gets dirty, then what do you do?  Rosa - many congratulations on your engagement, I wish you many years of happiness!  Bernie - sorry that more coworkers have gotten laid off.  Even the one who was drinking (I hope that getting fired might be the catalyst she needs to get help).  My DH grew up in a home with alcoholics and he's better at spotting them than I am. Sydsgma - I hope you enjoyed your DGD's dance recital.  Grandparents are special people.  RockChick - I've been debating about the Bath and Body Work's sale also.  The only thing I need are the wallflower plug ins, and I'm not sure they go on sale.  I love buying lotions and have enough to last me about 5 years, lol.  Spix - When I hear that some of you are doing well in the shopping area, it encourages me.  I had ordered 3 pieces of jewelry from the Q and am returning all 3.  I'm not a huge returner of items, and try not to order on impulse, but I've told myself with jewelry (of which I have plenty), that I have to love it, and it shouldn't be like something I already own.  2 are going back because I didn't love them, and 1 was too much like something I already own.  Jean - I'm so glad that you had a good time in Branson.  I wasn't kidding when I said I want to go there someday.  I hope that Midnight is happy that you're home.

I'm just doing regular chores today.  Nothing special.  I have been following a menu plan though, because I want to use up some of the older food I found lurking in the back of the freezer and the cupboards.  That makes me feel good.  Hope today is a good day for everyone - regulars and visitors alike!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Glad your garden is growing so nicely.  No TSV for me.  I don't need more jewelry for sure, and jewelry is a "want" that it is easy to pass on, unlike shoes and clothes, etc.  I found one of my "wish list" items (Denim & Co. top) on clearance today, so I did order it.  The funny thing is that I had ordered it once before at the higher price, but canceled the order when I decided it was just too expensive.  It was reduced by $8.00 or so.  I hope I like the top after having it on my list for ages.  Not an inexpensive day for me -- like Marijane's car, DD's SUV needed four new tires, and I paid for them.   I know, I know, but I could not handle the idea of her driving on worn tires.

Peach cobbler sounds good, Kathleen.  I am enjoying your DD/Navy pictures on FB.

Hi Essie -- hope you get those tomato plants in today.  I love, love, fresh tomatoes, and used to grow my own when I lived in Maryland.  Just too hot here in Arizona, and would require too much precious water.

The wedding band you selected for Mark sounds nice Rosa.  Thanks for your prayers -- they are most appreciated.

Welcome back, Jean.  Glad you enjoyed Branson so much and Midnight is so happy to have you home.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, snicks, Bernie, Charlene, Barbara, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, butterfly, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

It was not the best of evenings with DH's accidents/messes, etc.  And, this morning he had an accident right after the caregiver put on his clothes.  We (the caregiver and I) were busy cleaning the carpet -- she is so kind.  At least my headache is gone, and I got some restful sleep last night.  DH did get up a couple of times, and I got up a little early since I decided to return the fan I had ordered from Amazon.  It was so loud that I could not hear anything when it was running, even at low speed.  Need to see if I can find a different fan.  It is still very hot here, but they are saying it should cool down to the 90's by the weekend.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan,  you are so right about the wonders of a good rain.  No TSV as I have enough jewelry.

.RC, You have done well within your shopping.  I hope that you can take the cruise.

marijane,  getting tires put on is no fun, but a necessity.  Are you floating today?  I am loving this weather too.

SPIX,  our weather is great too, but 90's for Friday & Saturday.  Then mid 80's for Sunday.  We are going to an outdoor country wedding on Sunday, so I am praying for the best.

Jean, What shows did you see & how was the Dixie Stampede?  I always enjoyed the shows, shopping & great meals.

Rosa, yes it would be worth playing catch up at work.  The ring sounds nice too.

I got up early to wash more windows.  DH & I hope to finish up tomorow with the picture window.  Yesterday    I had a nice lunch out with a friend & don't know if I was allergic to something in the salad, but soon after I got home, my eyelids started to swell up.  I took 2 benadryl tablets & went to bed before 8:00.  I still don't look great this morning, but DH & I plan too see our fun accordion band at noon & have lunch there.

The weather is still in the fabulous 70's but near 90 for Friday & Saturday.

Hugs to all of you as we are heading out soon.