Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 16)

@sydsgma1

Barbara, good luck - that's alot of 11 year olds, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

HI everyone!  Jean and Twinny - I agree with you about the TSVs.  I just don't think they're as good a deal as they were years ago.  I remember when a TSV might be $30, then it's regular price would be $50.  Now the TSV is $45 and it's regular price is $48.  Not much of a savings...Twinny - ongoing (((hugs))) regarding your mother's passing and dealing with the estate.  Bernie - I saw Rockie's photo on the other thread, glad to know he has new feathers growing in.  Linda - I'm with you in regards to purchasing items as lunchtime specials and on ebay.  You can save a lot of money that way.  Of QVC fashion brands, I own a lot of Susan Graver tops and a few skirts, Isaac Mizrahi sweaters and scarves,  a couple of Denim & Co vests and jackets, and a smattering of other brands.  (Some lines I like but they just don't fit - Denim & Co, and Liz Claiborne tend to be tight in the hip area on me.  Not a problem for others, just one of my figure "issues")  I prefer to buy pants and capris in person so I can try them on.  Very hard for me to find pants that fit.

My DS is coming home for the weekend today.  We are starting the work to build our new wood storage shed, and our DS is going to help.  My DH estimated that it would take 3 weekends.  First, we have to empty out the two old metal sheds we have, move those to new locations, then put all the stuff back back in the old sheds.  We also have to move a couple of wood piles and, uh, junk, lol.  If any of you have ever lived on a big or little farm with livestock, then you probably understand the "junk".  Basically you hang on to fencing materials, wood pallets, etc.  Stuff that might come in handy to fix and repair things.  We keep ours in very neat piles, but still, they do need to be dealt with from time to time.  And today... the time has arrived!

Weather is perfect for the time being, and hopefully that will continue till we get the shed completed.  Hope you all have a nice weekend!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies...beautiful day here too about 60 degrees..supposed to be warmer tomorrow.   I had tried to post past few days and I don't know what happened but I lost them.

I did see Rocky on this thread yesterday Bernie ..I haven't checked the other thread today.  Hope you are having a great 3 day weekend.

Twinny take care of yourself I know these are hard times with everything on your plate .  

I hope your shed is built without any problems Charlene and your son will be there to help.

LindaL we pay our taxes to the Fed and Ct every quarter but still manage to have to pay more when our final taxes are done every year, it never ends.   I hope your GD and GS had a great time at the prom and you are able to post some pictures .

Not much else going on here ...I have never had any QF clothes...and I also liked the D&c. Iine of years ago...not that muvh anymore.....I also like Lina and the IM line especially his 24/7 pants.  I just placed an order with JJill as they were having  a 30% off plus free shipping.....

Have a nice afternoon everyone..........Marjane

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Charlene, I've never lived on a farm.  My attached garage is different from lots of the folks in the block because the house and garage was the model home for the subdivision.  The attached two care garage has an extra room for lack of a better description that was originally built with the house.  It served as the manufacturers office - no heat, but electricity.  I use that room for lawn and snow equipment, lawn chairs, work tools.

I also save extra dowels, have quite the screw/nut/bolt collection, random pieces of wood, scrap wire, etc.

There have been many times when I needed to fix something in the house and I've said, hmmm, I think I have something in the garage and I really do, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Wow....I just checked on the items on AM style this morning and I saw the IM lace dress for $61.00......not too many colors left but last week on his show on Monday,I think, it was $39,00 and I ordered the green one..not there anymore.   I had gotten a black one last year when it was a s/v...took a chance at how it would look, and  it is nice..not short as it is in the picture of the model..it comes just below my knee.   I guess I was surprised at the price increase even though they said it was special pricing last week.     It has gotten great reviews.

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

I bought a pair of American West earrings for $30.08 at limited quantity price.  Guess they weren't THAT limited - they are now last clicks for $33.08, he he he he

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's a beautifiul day out - warm and sunny, with temps in the 70s; it's supposed to go up into the 80s in the next few days. I really need to cut the grass and cut back the honeysuckle on my front porch, but I'll leave that for tomorrow. I know I'll be achy afterwards, and have one more homework assignment due this week - I need to make sure I get that done first. 

Yesterday my cousin wrote and told me her mom - the aunt with Alzheimer's - had died; she was in the hospital last week, and between the disease and her age I suspected she wouldn't live much longer, . (She was 92 or 93.)  I don't remember her really well apart from that I liked her - I haven't seen her in almost 40 years - but one of her daughters was always my favorite cousin and we reconnected a few years ago via FB. I'm sad that I didn't get to see her one more time, but in a way I'm relieved for my poor cousin - she nursed her sick father for years, and then her mom, and the Alzheimer's had gotten to where her mom would get really vicious at times, shouting, scratching and biting; from what I gathered her sister wasn't much help.  The two sisters never married; I assume they'll just continue to live in the house where they've always lived with their parents. 

Oh, I haven't bought clothing from the Q in years - the prices have gotten way too high, and I don't remember when I last saw something really unique and special. (Well, a spring QF sweater set a few weeks ago - but I don't need it and the season for something like that here is very short.)  Within about 10 miles I have 3 Marshall's, 2 TJ Maxx, 3 Ross stores, Steinmart, Beall's Outlet, 2 Burke's Outlets, Burlington, Hamrick's, 2 Kohl's....and lots of other places that invariably beat QVC prices by a mile.  I too remember when the TSV really was a deal, and often something extra would be included, such as attachments for tools or appliances, at no extra charge.  Also, if you subscribed to the Insider you'd sometimes get a special gift if you spent a certain amount - I remember a cute cat cookie jar that I got.

@KonaKat - Hope you enjoy your new capris, Jean. I'm tempted to take a look, but with 3 large bins of summer pants that I've never worn because they're a size too small, plus a couple dozen pair hanging in the closet that do fit, I'm better off investing that time on my Gazelle! Cat Wink

Funny, but the last couple of years I've found that BBW products - which I had been using for many years - were suddenly causing me to itch; they must have changed the formula.  Also, I don't care for most of their  new fragrances - they're not as nice as they used to be.  Between that and learning that they support PP I don't shop there anymore; I find that Marshall's always has a nice selection of soaps, body washes, and lotions from all over the world and it's fun to see what I can find. 

@twinny70 - Hang in there; it's almost over and everything will be done before you know it. Praying for you.

@LindaLatte - Have you tried liquid vitamins for DH?  I'm praying for you too.

@sydsgma1 - Cat Surprised  Good luck with all those pre-teen girls!  Adult beverage?  I'd need the entire bottle! 

@Bird mama - Glad to hear Rocky is doing well.  After I made the raspberry lime mini-Bundts the other evening I had some raspberries left. I put them on the rim of the bird feeder, thinking the litter beggers would appreciate them as a treat (they eat all my muscadines), but no, they were ignored.  They did finish an entire cake of hot pepper suet overnight; they decided they don't care for the cheaper brand from Ollie's and that one lasted a week. Rotten little ingrates - they don't know how good they have it, not having to scratch for bugs!  Cat LOL

Well, I guess I should get moving and take my girls for a drive before I get down to homework.  Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!