Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day, a perfect day to head to the city to see what all we can find. Groceries, of course, are on the list but that doesn't keep up from finding some unplanned purchases if we find a great deal.

Speaking of deals, I noted many fashion items are on 4 easy pays. The Quacker Factory TSV capris are now $2 higher than when a TSV but are now on 4 easy pays which they weren't on the day of the presentation. Obviously, if anyone really liked them, $2 is a small savings but if one wanted to wait and think it over, then $2 isn't a deal breaker especially for those who love easy pay.

The Philosophy TSV is a good buy for those who like its shower products. Personally, I can't use it. The shower products from Philosophy cause me to itch and feel very uncomfortable. I use  a shower product designed for sensitive skin and comes from WalMart. I don't itch and it saves me money for a product that once on the skin goes down the drain along with the money spent for it.

I'll see what AM Style has in the line up for "Pamper Yourself." I need a little pampering but time will tell if AM Style pampers me.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, APRIL 16)

I liked the QF capris they had on the AM Style show better than the TSV. As a result, I cancelled the TSV and bought the AM Style capris...in 3 different colors including the color of the TSV. I used to order Denim & Co. but the QF is now more consistent in sizing and is more comfy. Like Denim & Co., they last a long time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Good Morning Jean.  Although I usually gripe about the Q delay between ordering an item and shipping an item, I'm glad you were able to cancel the TSV and order something that suits you better.  Denim & Co was one of my favorites and pretty much the only apparel line I bought from the Q.  These days, not so much because I am finding the cost prohibitive.  Every once in a blue moon I'll see something really different that's not out in retail and will order it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I posted a new pic of Rocky and a new pic or Rocky's feather development on the Birds Nest thread in Among Friends.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Morning, @KonaKat Thanx for the start, & yes do pamper yourself

We're expecting 70's today, Yay! sheets in the washer to be hung out on the line, maybe I can get another load out also.  Have to work on the deck & more clean up in the yard so that's my day, but good to be outside

@Bird mama will check out Rocky's progress in a little bit Thanx for letting us know.  I agree with you re: D&C, I used to buy quite a bit but have really cut back, too much $$ for me.

Hope all are having a good day

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I hope that you have a fun day in the city.  You deserve to pamper yourself!  I don't think that the TSV's are ever good anymore. They were fun years ago.  I just saw a QF Capri for about $40'with s/h & tax.  I bought it in white at the outlet store for less than $10.

DH is at our church annual clean up day.  I am soon taking my moped downtown for stamps, my walk & lunch.  Then it is off to mom's house to meet his brother at 1:00.  A friend helped me yesterday & a different friend is helping me tomorrow.  I' ll be so glad when the estate sale is done with.

Right now my emotions are running wild.  Dealing with mom's serious health issues & her death 6 weeks ago were easier than dealing with her estate & selling the home so quickly.

My infusion is slowing me down, but I get my next one on April 25th & then we plan to go on vacation the next day.

I'll post whenever I can.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bird Mama & spix.  It is sunny & 70's again today.  I hung laundry out yesterday & also the day before. I used to buy lots of D & Co but now I can find better deals at JCP & Kohl's.   

Off to refresh my soul.

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies, and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Watched AM Style, nothing I HAD to have, lol. Although I liked the Linea anorak, don't need it, so I resisted. It's good that you could change your QF order to items that you liked better than the TSV. Have fun in the city.

@Bird mama, I too, used to buy D&C, haven't made any purchases from that line in a couple years now, I think. I really only order Linea, with an occassional purchase of something else, even my Linea orders have dropped off to next to nothing. I just am not needing much these days. I was surprised to learn how fast birds re-grow feathers. I did not know that. Rocky is looking good. I am glad for that.

@spix, we are having the same weather I think. I will be heading outside soon also. Don't want to spend such a nice day inside. Hope you are doing ok. Sending you ((hugs)).

@twinny70, take care of yourself, seems like things are going well with the estate sale, and you have had lots of help, that is a good thing. I know it can be stressful, but better, imo, to get it done so you can get used to what is now going to be the normal in your life. That is how I felt when dealing with my own mom's passing and household. Enjoy your vacation when it gets here.

Not much going on here. Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Jean.  Glad you were able to cancel the TSV and order something you liked better.  I saw the capris promoted today, and I thought that I would prefer them as well.  I did not order the TSV, but these may "get me".  I also saw some QF pedal pushers on sale, and I actually prefer the shorter length.  So, another option.  

Like several of you, I used to buy Denim & Co. a lot, but the prices here are a turn off for me.  I have found a few items on lunchtime special and others on eBay -- quite a difference in price.  I don't get out to JCP or Kohl's often, but I know they probably would have some reasonably priced items.  All that being said, I don't need any new clothes -- that needs to be my mantra.  Enjoy your beautiful day and trip to the city, Jean.  

Interesting about your reaction to the Philosophy shower gels.  I have tried them in the past (several years ago) with no problems.  I have had some issues with some of the Bath and Body Works shower gels, and like you, I'm using a Wal-Mart product now.  It is supposed to be like Dove, I think.  No problems at all with it, thank goodness.

Hi Bernie -- glad Rocky's feathers are returning, and you have a three day weekend.  

Glad you are having nice weather, and you will be able to go outside today, Spix.  I think we are expecting temperatures in the 70's today.  That is cool for us, but the wind should be much less than yesterday, and it is sunny.  I'll take this weather (not that I have much choice).  I saw the Denver area is having lots of snow.

Hope you have a good day, twinny.  I know you will feel better after your infusion and the estate sales are over.  You have certainly been through a lot the past few months.  Do try to take it easy -- I know that is a lot easier said than done.

Enjoy your nice weather and being outdoors, snicks.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Gayle, Susan, Marijane, Charlene, Barbara, LindaR, Karen, pinky ann, Rosa and all of our posters and readers.

So far, it is a good day here.  I decided to cut back on DH's vitamins -- he has lots of trouble swallowing pills, and he was taking lots of vitamins in addition to his medication.  (On Saturdays, I put his medicine for the week in a pill box.)

I mailed our check for 2015 taxes to the IRS yesterday, and now I need to do the estimated taxes for 2016.  Boy, is this fun.  LOL  In addition, I will be doing the usual -- walk, laundry, financial review.  I'll probably go by the grocery store for a little more produce -- if not today, tomorrow.

Eagerly waiting for pictures from the prom yesterday evening (DGD and youngest DGS).

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda 

P.S. DH won at bingo while I was there (I was playing his card), and I picked out a nice red bead necklace -- my jewelry wardrobe is really growing from his "club" winnings.

Respected Contributor

I am girding my loins for syds sleepover birthday party with 8 11 year olds. 😱 They are good kids but I will spend time in my bedroom..with an adult beverage. Lol

it is gorgeous here today. Up to 80 so the girls can be outside.

I am recovering from my infusion...a little tougher than usual.

tye puppy is doing well. 95% house broken. She can go out on a tie out and sits by the door when she  needs to go out.

i hope everyone has a wonderful day.