Honored Contributor

Ruffles, Ruffles, and More Ruffles!

I was perusing the new arrivals at Anthropologie, and I am seeing a lot of ruffled items.

Here is a sampling:

How do you feel about ruffles?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ruffles, Ruffles, and More Ruffles!

I might consider owning one top with a ruffle, but that's it.  I wouldn't invest in a closet full.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I might consider owning one top with a ruffle, but that's it.  I wouldn't invest in a closet full.

@GCR18

How about a ruffled skirt?

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

I admire your eye for everything interesting in fashion!

As to the ruffles, I have always loved them, but feel a bit clownish in them if they are overdone. 

That tiered ruffled dress reminds me of outfits from the 60s.  Remember the ruffled "baby doll" tops?  They were done in eyelet and so pretty.

I had a black eyelet dress once with ruffles around the neckline (like that sage green top). 

I loved that dress, but I was also in my 20s when I wore it. 

I don't think I own one thing with ruffles anymore.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

No way, no how.  No skirts for me.  I went to a Catholic high school and wore gray wool skirts just above the knee with a dress shirt and knee highs. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Here are some looks from Free People-

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lolakimonolol  By the time Anthropologie came into being, I was aged beyond their clothing styles with the occasional exception of a pretty scarf.  I have found some kitchen items, but for the most part, I do not walk into their store which is right outside my favorite Nordstrom department and, if they have a website, I've never used that.

Some of those ruffles would be cute on some very young ladies.  Just my opinion, of course.

Honored Contributor

Free People seems to have even more ruffles than Anthropologie, and a wider assortment of garments.

Honored Contributor

I would wear ruffles if they're not overdone. Of those you've posted so far, these are my two favorites:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like ruffles.  I have cardigans, blouses with ruffled cuffs or ruffled fronts, LOTS of scarves.  A couple of LOGO pieces with ruffles.  

Over the past few years there have been some fab yarns for ruffled scarves ... and I made about 30 of them ... every color you can imagine ... every style of ruffle.   You can easily jazz up a plain top with a "jazzy" scarf.

ETA ... forgot about the skirts!  

ETA #2 ... SG's tier tops .. I think I have five of them.