Honored Contributor

I usually prefer straight leg pants ...

I carry my weight around my middle - thank you to taking prednisone for my asthma - so I need a wider leg pant. For this reason I'm taking a chance on having to pay the return shipping and I ordered the TSV cargo pants. I'd be thrilled if wider leg pants would come back in style  because I just can't wear a skinny anything. I decided to try the IKAT print - as I love blues.Keeping my fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

Re: I usually prefer straight leg pants ...

[ Edited ]

I love that style pants.  I didn't know they were ever out of style  I've worn them for years.   They are my warm weather go-to style.  But - without pockets!  I would never design pants in such a lightweight fabric and put pockets in them!  Actually - the only pants I want to see pockets are jeans and chinos!

Chico's has always had the best selection for me.  Mine are a bit dressier prints and fabrics.  I also have a bunch in light weight linen (lined) that I've picked up over the years.  

Honored Contributor

I do not like these wide pants.  They look like pajamas... they make everyone look at least 10 pounds heavier- even the thin models.  It is just not an attractive look to wear out of the house. 

Honored Contributor

Actually , I still have a pair of khacki color cargo scrub pants. That lightweight cotton fabric is good for here in Florida as is khacki color. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the wide leg cargo pants make you look much heavier than you are.  The last thing I want to do is add 10 lbs. wearing pants.  I'll pass on the TSV.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Wide leg pants add width to the body. Why eat healthy and exercise only to hide the shape of your legs in big, wide pants devoid of style except for yards of extra fabric? The TSV looks like lounge pants only to be worn in the house.

Honored Contributor

Those wide legs make the wearer's legs look like stovepipes, especially of one is not tall.   I saw a photo of myself wearing a pair and immediately got rid of them.  Too bad because I love the blue ikat print. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm getting the black and camo.  I think they are cute.  I like variety and I personally don't think they make you look any larger than stuffing yourself in a pair of pants that are clearly two sizes too small.  I like the slim, skinny leg pant but seriously, wearing clothing that fits properly regardless of the size goes a long way in making you look look chic and fashionable.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I believe that  every person has a different body to dress and each of those bodies have different requirements. Some of us prefer to dress so our specific body looks the best vs dressing for the current trend. How sad you are that , despite me explaining why I prefer wider leg pants you felt it necessary to put me and anyone who may chose to buy this style of pant down. Did that make you feel superior?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 5' 6" tall and thin and I do not feel I look good in wide leg pants -- ever.

I have some that I bought from Kmart that are crinkle cotton and I wear them as PJ bottoms -- but not out of the house.

While I think they look cute, I know they would make me look bigger/wider.

Love the blue print, though.