Esteemed Contributor

Re: Replacement for Joan Rivers on FP

I don't have a problem with Kathy Griffin replacing Joan Rivers on Fashion Police. I think that they need a tart tongued comedienne to fill Joan's shoes.

Honored Contributor

I'm really disappointed. I loved Fashion Police but won't be watching it anymore. I don't think she's funny. I think the replacement should have had a sense of style.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I like Kathy but Joan cant be replaced and i would rather see Melissa. the entire point of the show was Joans humor and her love of fashion and style and a extension of her Red carpet shows she created back in the 1990s and early 2000s. I know Melissa is the producer but she and her mom created the entire fashion thing and it just would be nice to see her in her moms chair

Contributor

They just won't let things alone! Only Joan could get away with saying what she did I'll not be watching!!! Kathy Griffin will just TRY to copy Joan but joan also had FASHION SENSE too...

Frequent Contributor

I am not a big FP fan, but I think Kathy is a great choice. Why aren't we giving MELISSA credit for the selection? She is the producer of the show.

I can't believe how much it still bothers me that Joan is gone.

Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 wagnerdancer said:

While I don't think there is really anyone who could replace Joan on FP, I have to say that Kathy Griffin comes close. She and Joan were great friends. I will continue to watch FP as, even tho' Kathy Griffin can be abrasive, I still think she is very funny and is not afraid to say what's on her mind. I think the other three will play well off of her. I will miss Joan Smiley Sad

Yeah I think Kathy is probably the obvious choice. She also like Joan doesn't hold back when it comes to celebrities. If anyone has Hulu Larry King has a show and shortly after Joans funeral he interviewed Kathy and they spoke about FP and Joan. I also read NeNe Leakes is or was also being considered for the job
Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

On 9/24/2014 songbird said:

She's got the off the wall punch that Joan had, but I don't like her delivery. She has a hard edge in her. Joan soften the hardness with her fast delivery. But they probably will give it to Kathy. There really isn't anyone (with a comic background) that can do it. They need someone with an aggressive delivery along with comedic background. I had thought of Wendy Williams. But her show is a hit. I wonder if they approached her?

Yes, Wendy Williams would be a far, far better replacement than Kathy Griffin any day. Griffin will sink the show in a month. It maybe far too early too say for sure since E! has made no such formal announcement on the matter. It is true that FP will return in January Melissa said so on air on E!
Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Hoovermom said:

Here is a new twist:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2771475/NeNe-Leakes-line-replace-late-Joan-Rivers-Fash...

This means I will never watch again.

I read Tyra Banks was offered as well. The head of E, in what I read, stated they wanted diversity. I have no idea what the contractual obligations are for meeting diversity standards, but, now, with this Daily Mail report link you just posted, maybe they have to do it this way. But, whoever is best suited for the job, let them have the spot.

Respected Contributor

not sure this will work. Joan could get away with a lot more than Griffin can.