Honored Contributor

I moved to Tx and if you want to wear boots(I don't) this is the state. LOL

I got one pair of UGGS that's my boot collection.

Honored Contributor

I live in a Florida resort beach area on the Gulf Coast. Every once in a while we will see someone wearing boots and it always looks very odd and out of place. The dress in our area is , in fact, very very casual. Often in restaurants we will see ladies dressed in  a swimsuit with just one of those sheer skirts tied over it or a beach cover up on and that fits right in. Most people where we live either wear shorts or capris and a t shirt or tank, or they wear a maxi dress and sandals or flip flops. On those rare cool days - jeans and a sweater or hoodie or at home - sweats. The one time we do get dressed up where I live is church - we still dress up for church then Sunday breakfast out or Sunday dinners out you'll see people are still dressed up.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never dress just so I had the same style as others.  That's limiting oneself as if there's a uniform law and some kind of fantasy fashion police issue tickets.  My personality just does not permit me to march that way.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Puzzle Piece Thank you, I was just petting Puccini ( my avatar pic). 

Your cat loves Opera?  Nice.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@JaxsMom

You don't?!

Mind blown LOL

I too live in a beach community but on the opposite side of the country. With the exception of little opportunity to wear all my cute jackets I dress as I please not as someone tells me (which they don't)

Honored Contributor

Well, if you aren't on the water or a few minutes away from the ocean.  You aren't in a beach town.   I live a little south of boston, about a 20 minute drive from the beach.  We can't walk to the beach and no one in town can see the water from their house, we aren't a beach town.  Having said that, if you want to blend in with whatever the other women in town wear, walk around and see what they are wearing and dress accordingly.  It's not about being uninformed.  iIt's just a matter of how secure you are in being an individual.  Some women feel more secure blending in with the masses while others feel more secure by standing out from the masses.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

I think this sounds like a wonderful new chapter to your life.  Congratulations on your new beachy world.  I say embrace it all.  You have your dressier style that you like so no reason to abandon that (except maybe when actually walking on the beach).  But now you get to see new styles and add different pieces to your wardrobe as your enthusiasm and budget allow.  Have fun with it!

Frequent Contributor

love roses you will probably stand out so just be sure YOU feel good w/ you and how you look.

I live near the coast a little further north were the uniform is hiking clothes... now I only wear that when i'm hiking and getting a sweat etc....

I do stand out so whatever I do I'm sure that I feel the outfit is flattering- I'm regularly told I'm the best dressed person around and people often think I'm a tourist. I don't care! I wear what I want, when I want, how I want.

Respected Contributor

"Now, some ladies I've run into have told me that "we are the beach", and "it's the beach".  So they dress casually, very beach casual.  Okay, that's their thing."

I say forget the beaches and do your own thing.