Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of April 10

This was an errand running morning. I had to get the oil in the car changed, then off to Target to replenish some things. Syd and I are going to party city after school to get stuff for her party on Saturday. 

Pepper p**ped in the living room....al of the rest of our grand dogs have done the same thing the first time  they were in there. We have a small gate blocking off that and the rest of the house. She has the run of our family room, kitchen and dining room.

Her tie out is coming today and I know she will like being out doors. 

Claudia...hope you get to the estate sale today. I continue to work on reorganizing this living area. I will be able to do more once I have my infusion tomorrow.

i hope R feels better.   You too have a lot to deal with.

Linda, hope your day is going well.

V has some scar tissue from his cataract surgery that will need a laser treatment. And bout 1 out of 3 get this.

more lTer

Respected Contributor

Oh that Pepper. Hopefully that's the last time.

While we were at the VA R stopped in at urgent care as the rib pain had increased. He has a muscle relaxer to take.  Because of that we got to the estate sale a couple hours later than planned.  I picked up a pillow for the chair in the backroom along with a tall wood wastebasket with a farm scene painted on it. I debated about a Dyson vacuum cleaner but thought the price too high. The house was like a rabbit warren with a step down to narrow side rooms that seemed to have little purpose except to hold furnitue it was a one story house but felt overwhelming with all the furniture.

I need to call my college roommate. She left a message that she's back in the area permanently after being hospitalized with health issues and having to retire. Staying with her younger sister in the family home until she can get into assisted living.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry your college roommate isn't doing well, Claudia.  I hope you can get together, and she finds a good living situation.  R seems to have one issue after another.   Hope the muscle relaxer helps him.  Your purchases sound nice.  I don't really care for those sorts of houses, especially if they are loaded with "stuff".  But, I have too much stuff in this house, so I'm no one to talk.

Sorry about Pepper's accident, Barbara.  Also sorry V will need the laser treatment, but I guess that isn't uncommon.  Good luck with your infusion.  I need to get the oil changed pretty soon.  Need to put that on my list.

Yesterday evening was pretty bad -- DH had an accident, and I just could not seem to get him cleaned up to my satisfaction.  Then, he got up a couple of times last night, and thunder woke me up as well.  I'm feeling a bit sleepy again.

Did make it to my volunteer job and to the gym.  

The bookclub meeting yesterday was fun.  I didn't realize that the "Karen" in the book was the author of "Out of Africa".  Now I want to re-watch the movie.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Somehow I missed seeing that V will need laser surgery, Barbara. I hope it goes well.

I talked with my roommate. When she didn't shoe up to meet a friend and the friend couldn't reach her they asked for a wellness check and she was found unconscious on the kitchen floor. They found she had brain inflammation and she ended up having surgery. Scary to say the least.

Not a good night for you last night, Linda. I hope tonight is better. At least you enjoyed the book club.

I was surprised at the narrow halls in that house and the rooms that seemed to have been added on that were narrow and had no outside exit. The only good sized room was the living room and mismatched plaid couches and sectional did not help.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it will be much warmer today...in the upper 60s. I want to wash her winter jacket but think I will wait for a few more days.

i have my infusion later this morning...hope the headache does nit hit until Syd can help me rearrange the garage so we can get her new bike out. I bought another basket so the entry table looks much better.

Sydnie had the highest score in her grade for the state tests. We were proud of her. I have to train her how yo handle Pepper. She is a little afraid of her.

Had to trim the hair around peppers eyes ..she cannot be groomed for another month per the breeder. 

Bought a coupke oscSpring tops from jjill...there was ac30 percent off sale. Their prices are high but the clothes last for many seasons.

Linda, sorry that you had such a time with dh. I read that dgs is taking your dgd to the prom...that is wonderful.will oldest dgd graduate from college also.?  Have you figured out how to make a trip out there??  I am going to get that book.

Claudia...that house sounds very strange, your roommate is lucky that someone did a welfare  check on her. How is Adam doing???

linda, hope you have a better day.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to Sydnie. I'm sure you and V are very proud of her, Barbara. I hope you were able to get the garage rearranged.

We took Griff to get his shots updated this afternoon. I also asked the vet to check the ear he was scratching. I was right in thinking he needed an antibiotic. For dinner R and I shared an order of Pellegrino's spaghetti and meatballs. There's even a bit left over.

When clothes last a long time it's worth it to pay more imo. Enjoy what you purchased.

Linda, I'm sure your DGS and DGD will enjoy the prom with their friends.

a

Adam seems well. He has an upcoming VA appointment and is checking about possible reserve units. Whit is still finishing up his resume. I hear his kittens are conniving little (in Zeus' case not so little) troublemakers.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your headache isn't too bad, Barbara, and you and Syd got the garage work done.  That is great news about Syd.  I don't have a clue when I might make it back to Maryland.  Still hoping DD and DGD can come here for a visit this summer.  Oldest DGS is supposed to graduate from college next month.  Fingers crossed on that one.  I think he only needs to finish two more classes.

Glad Adam is doing pretty well, Claudia.  Good that you had the dogs taken care of.

It is a beautiful, sunny day here.  I haven't accomplished much, but I think I needed a less full day.  DH slept much better last night -- thank goodness.  The caregiver told me that the male nurse will probably not be coming back.  Oh well.... I'm playing phone tag with the other facility in town, but I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Claudia...good that you got griff taken care of..and good that Adam is doing well I laughed about the naughty kittens.

Linda..and I am glad that you had a good night and day with dh. Hope dgs can graduate this Spring. Are you looking for a different hospice place??

i opened up the sun room and swept it. It is Peppers new fun place.

we found a couple of tie outs that work. So now that is the next training.

Sleep well.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a hospice place, Barbara.  It is a nursing home/assisted living place.  If he does move to a home, he will stick with this hospice since they go to local facilities.  I think they also go to places in Tucson, but not the same nurse or caregiver.  There aren't many strictly hospice facilities around here.

Glad you are getting things set up for Pepper.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope your headache isn't too bad, Barbara, and the infusion will kick in soon.  That pain must be horrible.  Just the usual aches and pains are plenty for me.  I have had several aches and pains lately myself.  Minor, but not fun.  I am wondering if they are caused by my new stretching DVD.  She suggested using it every day for two or three weeks, but I may take a break one day.  Hope to make it to the gym today and take a walk.

Our weather is very nice today -- warm and sunny.  I think it is supposed to get cooler and windy over the weekend.  

DH seems to be doing pretty well today, and I am happy about that.  The nurse will be visiting this afternoon.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today, Claudia.  That is scary about your roommate.  Glad someone checked on her.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda