Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of April 10

I am back from knitting. Had to get gas and pick up a prescription for m  it was fun to catch up with people...we have been together for 7 years. 

Pepper er is learning to go out on the tie out...she is I. The sun room...it has floor to ceiling Windows so she can see outside. She is good puppy.

Linda, glad you are having a good day with dh. I am sure you might be sore from the stretching...may be doing it every other day until you get used to it.  Good luck with checking out nursing homes. I hope you can continue to care for him, but it is always good to have a plan

Linda, my pain varies from day to day and I have learned how to pace myself...most of the time..lol.

Claudia...hope things are going well for you.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad your day is going well. That's always a plus. As Barbara said it's always good to have a backup plan. Fingers crossed your DD and DGD will be able to visit.

Unexpectedly we ended up driving about 75 miles from here. A part R had ordered finally arrived and he had to pick it up. The company was only open till 2. Today worked out better than tomorrow so off we went. After we got home R checked the coolant in the suv and found that was low. We added some and that's what the problem was. I took the suv and took Adam's state and local tax payments to the post office. I didn't want to wait till tomorrow then find I forgot. After that I picked up more cat food at Tractor Supply since it was $3 off.

What fun to catch up with friends, Barbara. I'm looking forward to brunch next week with 3 former coworkers. I bet Pepper loves looking out those Windows.

My cat sitter friend and her husband dropped off eggs from her son's chickens.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to have such fresh eggs, Claudia.  That was quite a drive to pick up the part, but at least it is done.  Hope you have a great time with your friends at the brunch next week.

Hi Barbara.  Glad you enjoyed your knitting and getting together with your friends yesterday.  I admire how you cope with the pain.

My back is hurting a little, but not bad.  And, I did skip the stretching DVD yesterday.  Maybe I'll get to it today.  I did take a walk (actually two walks, but the one with DH was very slow) and go to the gym yesterday.  

The tax preparer called yesterday to check on some deductions -- she needed additional information.  They only are deductions for State tax, but I'll take any deductions we can get.  Unfortunately, we will owe money again this year -- quite a bit of money in fact.  DH's investments are even more complicated than I understood -- yuck.  Looks like we will be using the tax preparer in the future -- just too complicated for me.  She said the returns should be ready for pick-up today.  I'm not sure how I handle the tax payments -- mail or deduction from our checking account.  But, I'm sure they will let me know.  I won't have time to get the money from DH's brokerage account (it takes six business days or more), so I'll need to replace the money in our checking account once I get that check.  I'm waiting to get the final number before asking for it.

Trying to move on from that jolly news, it is nice and sunny here, but quite windy.  I'll be going to lunch at day services.  Not sure what else I'll do, but take a walk and hopefully pick up the tax papers.  DH seems to be doing pretty well so far.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am gearing up for the slumber party tomorrow night....lol. M is home today working...I wat to sweep the family room and steam the floors but I will do that tomorrow morning while Syd is at dance. 

She he is turning into a middle school kid...her brain is in outer space ...lol. I was laughing this morning when it took her 15 minutes to get dressed. M did not think it was funny.

Claudia. Glad you got the car figured out...enjoy your lunch next week.

Pepper is doing well on the tie out...enjoy your lunch out next week.

Linda, sorry you have to pay out for taxes. Glad that your pain went away and that dh is having a good day.

enjoy the sun

Respected Contributor

Ouch on those taxes, Linda. That is too bad. At least DH is having a pretty good day.

I discovered by sheer accident that if you're a veteran you can get a 15% discount on your wireless plan. Only thing is you have to go to one of their main offices.

I hope Sydnie enjoys her party tomorrow. 15 minutes is pretty good.

TT stole into Griff's crate this morning. When Griff discovered him fe was totally outraged. R got TT out, I grabbed Griff and managed to stuff him in the crate and latch the door. The two roared at each other, one in the crate and one out.

Respected Contributor

Just got back from errands..Justice was having a good sale so I got her an outfit to wear today. It will be 80...yippee.

slumber party tonight...I am going to hide in my room with an adult beverage...lol.it will be fun...I hope😜

I still ill have side effects from my infusion. But feel better today.

i did order a couple of pairs of  the tsv capris but one will be going back. I went through my summer clothes and will be taking a few things to az.

Linda..glad the day care is so good for dh...congrats on adding to your collection of prizes. Hope you can post prom pics on FB.

Claudia...gryff sounds pretty territorial. Pepper rarely barks or whines. Interesting about the discount for vets. 

V does not acknowledge his bet sratus because he did not serve during wartime.he is funny that way.

enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with the slumber party, Barbara.  I am not sure I could handle that along with DH's ups and downs at night.  He only got up three times last night, and the first time was 3:30.  But, still I would love to be able to sleep all night.  Did M go through that stage (spacey)?  I ask because DD sure did.  I remember going through a rough patch when I was that age, but fortunately improved by the time I was in high school.  Hope the infusion side effects go away soon.  

Regarding vet benefits -- I think that vets are entitled to some benefits if they served during war time, even if they were not involved in the wars.  I found that out because vets get some great benefits at day services (big discount or free) and the spouse/caretakers are eligible for some longer respite care time (11 days or so, I think).  Some of the ladies at the caretakers meeting didn't realize that their husbands would be eligible because they were not in the war, but almost all served during wartime somewhere. 

You certainly have a time with those dogs, Claudia.  Hope they are behaving themselves today.  Also hope your weather is nice.  I saw they are having lots of snow in Denver.  We are having cooler weather here, but not windy like yesterday and nice and sunny. How is R today?

No prom pictures yet, but I'm eagerly waiting.   DH seems to be doing pretty well today, but very shaky for some reason.  I have decided to cut out a bunch of his vitamins since he is having so much trouble swallowing pills.  The nurse agreed that was a good idea.

I will be going for a walk soon, and laundry is started.  Later, I'll be doing my financial review and probably picking up some produce at the grocery store.  I really prefer fresh produce to packaged fruit, etc., and they are having a sale on red grapes this week.  I made some blueberry muffins this morning -- supposed to be healthier due to the bran, etc.  Hope I like them.

Also hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Now Adam is odd about it because he served in a combat zone but was not in combat he doesn't like to claim any discounts. I hope Sydnie's party goes well and your infusion effects go away, Barbara. That was a great picture of Sydnie and Pepper.

R is taking it easy today as he had some more pain and is very tired. He falls asleep in seconds. Last night he fell asleep with his water in his hand and spilled it over himself.

I did get a bag of donations dropped off. It was in the low 70's today, Linda. 

I think it's a good decision to stop some of DH's vitamins. No sense since he has difficulty swallowing to have him take more than he has to.

Monday is a VA dental appointment. On the way home we hope to stop and sign up for the  cell phone discount.