Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of July 14

Good Evening!  Hope it does cool off there, Barbara.  Extreme heat is no fun, especially when you aren't even in Arizona.  My exercise teacher said that she realized that going elsewhere doesn't necessarily mean that it will be cooler than Arizona.   I know that it was hot in Maryland, and of course in PA.  It was hot here, but not unusually hot.  Unfortunately, no rain again.  At least it was cloudy for my walk.

Glad R got those appointments, Claudia.  Hope your cats forgive you.  Pretty wild times with the dogs yesterday.  You certainly have to keep on your toes.

My Mom was taking potassium, but when she got very sick, they said she had too much potassium  I really didn't understand what happened.  Not good.  Hope your friend's mother improves.

Exercise class was good, but there won't be class for three weeks, which is a shame.  

I spent a bunch of time at the grocery stores (different specials going on) and looking for some summer shoes (not sandals) since the tech said that sandals could allow stones to get in and run my expensive compression hose.  I finally found a pair of Stetchers slip ons -- kind of a neat color (light coral).  I will probably take my chances with the sandals sometimes, but these are comfortable and were reasonably priced.

No call back about the screen doors or the ultrasound.  Pretty frustrating to say the least.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..our weather has really changed because of thunderstorms..currently it is 65 out . Needless to say,mtye ac is off. It should stay nice for a few days.

my cleaning lady is here...she remarked how nice syds room looked. There is a bit more to be done, but she seems to enjoy working on it. She is like her mother..very good at organization when she wants to be.

It will be another quiet weekend.

Linda..sounds as if you got a good buy on your she’s..that is very cheap for Skechers.

i am going to the store tomorrow to get food while amie and the goirls are here. I will get a lot of fruit since they enjoy it. 

Claudia..good that you got rs appointments set up. Pepper refuses to go out when it is raining, but Syd got her out between storms.

Have a good day.😎😎

Respected Contributor

Linda..dealing with medical stuff can be very frustrating. I tend to be very pushy...v will not let me deal with his surgery denial...lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your weather has improved, Barbara.  It is hot here, but no rain is expected today.  It was even pretty hot on my walk this morning.  I'm glad I went out early.

Nice that Syd has done some work on her room.  DD used to be like Syd and M -- good at organizing when she felt like it, but that wasn't often enough for me.   I was very pleased with the price of my shoes.  Others I found were double the price even at the discount stores.  Perhaps it is due to the color not being more neutral, I'm not sure.

Hope you find lots of nice fruit.  I bought lots of fruit yesterday -- one store had a sale on blueberries and cherries, another had a sale on strawberries and cantaloupes -- large sizes on the berries. There was supposed to be a big sale on grapes at Sprouts, but there were only three bags when I got there, and many of the grapes were rotten.  I forgot to look at the peaches, but I think I have more that enough fruit tor a while.

I imagine it is still hot there, Claudia.  Hope your AC continues to work well, and R, your furbabies, and you are feeling okay.

My laundry is started, and I'll do my weekly financial review later.  The hospice visit isn't until 2:00 p.m. today.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No storms today. Last time I checked it was 96°. The workroom door is installed so R is happy. After they left I moved the cat tree and hamper back in the hall plus a few more things. It's good Syd can organize well, Barbara. At least when she wants to.

Enjoy Amie's visit. I envy your cooler temperatures.

My mother had a drastic solution. Empty the drawers, sheets and blankets off the bed. Then said "now pick it up".

Middle sister had a habit of putting clean folded clothes under the bed instead of putting them away. I recall bringing home a stray dog once and Anne chasing him down the hall yelling "come back with my underwear". Lol.

I've had to adjust Tip's "t shirt" several times today. The problem is catching her and holding her still.

You got a good buy on the shoes, Linda. I hope they work out well for you.

Someone suggested putting fresh fruit in ice cube trays with water and putting them in drinks. I'm tempted to try it. We have blueberries in the fridge. I also picked up some sweet cherries at Aldi s after my friend recommended them.

Btw, I remember the moon landing. Mother's RN class had a picnic that day at a classmate's house and we all went in their den to watch it. My uncle worked at Cape Kennedy and was involved in the launches.

I hope your hospice visit went well, Linda.