Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat., July 20th)

Good Morning all, it was breezy this morning and the temperature was kind of nice so I opened the windows for an hour or so to let the house breathe.

The A/C is back on Woman Very Happy

JCP split my order from earlier in the week into two shipments and I received the skirt yesterday.  I really like the skirt however I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it work.

I don't have a tiny waist like Scarlett O'Hara Woman Wink however I do have a waist.  I've noticed, especially over the last 5 or 6 years that JCP (can't speak for other stores) carries ladies pants/slacks/jeans/skirts that have waists that are on the wide side.

I re-ordered the skirt this morning one size down and I'll see how this goes.  I don't want it to fight skin tight around my hips and butt and I don't want it hanging on my hips bones (like it is now).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Sat., July 20th)

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I am sorry that the skirt from JCP doesn't fit in the waist. Hopefully, the re-ordered one will work. 

It is amazing that today is the 50th anniversary of man's landing on the moon. Time passes so quickly but I remember being glued to the TV wating the coverage unfold. If you are ever in the Cape Kennedy area, take time to take a tour of it as it is well worth your time.

I did watch AM Style but didn't indulge. It won't be long until August when they usually have a Fall Fashion Day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's breezy and hot here so the windows are shut.  We had them open a couple of nights & it cooled down the house.  We are under a heat advisory until later this evening.  Then they are saying upper 70's tomorrow & nice for a few more days.

It was so hot yesterday when we went to my dh's appointment.  It was a waste of time.  My DH's neurosurgeon faxed her what he did & she read it out loud while we were sitting there.  Then she said that we didn't have to see her again since we are going to the UW -Clinic.   We met friends at LJS for lunch and then we played cards.  Her dh is in terrible shape.  

We are off to a 40th wedding anniversary in a local park.  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

Jean I was 6 years old when we landed on the moon.  I have to assume that someone in the house was interested in the television coverage.

My paternal grandmother must have watched it because I recall her saying she never believed we went to the moon (I was a little older then).  I think she thought it was a hoax.  The woman was born in 1901 so I can understand why she found the idea so far out Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   please keep your husband and yourself hydrated at the anniversary party in the park.  I think diabetics dehydrate faster than non diabetics so if your husband starts feeling a little light headed - get in the car, crank on the A/C or find shelter.

I'm not kidding either.  This kind of weather can take someone out really quick.

All that aside, have a nice time Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--My mother was born in 1902 but she found the moon landings fascinating and she stayed up even when coverage was at a very late time.  I was always fascinated with the idea of space travel, etc.

Twinny--Take care of yourself and keep hydrated as it the heat can affect people before they realize it. The athlete that died is an example. Do try to enjoy yourself but don't risk your health. I know many outdoor activities here have been cancelled.

I went to the local pizza place to get a carryout. It was like breathing fire outside. I still can handle this better than the cold, snow and ice of Winter.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean a poster in the AM Style thread described the heat in Florida as hotter than Satan's armpit.  I'm still laughing Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sorry the skirt didn't fit your waist properly.  Hope the new size works.  I have heard that the weather in your area is very hot, so I'm sure the AC is necessary.  

Thanks for your suggestion on the shoes yesterday -- I do like the style.  The problem is that part of the reason the tech told me not to wear sandals with my compression hose is that stones can get in and cause runs.  So, I am worried that stones might come in through the sides.  I did put them on my Amazon wishlist for future reference.  I went to three discount stores yesterday, and found a pair of Sketchers that I think will work, at least for a while.  They are a very different color (sort of light coral), and were inexpensive for Sketchers ($20).

Although I was never really into Space exploration, I was overwhelmed when the moon landing happened.   Difficult to believe that was 50 years ago -- makes me feel like an antique.  I imagine that tour at Cape Kennedy is quite interesting, Jean.  Like you, I didn't find anything in AM Style that I could not resist.  I sort of like the TSV style, but the price doesn't seem very "special" to me.

Sorry that doctor's appointment was a waste of time twinny.  Also sorry your friend's husband is in bad shape and good luck with the anniversary party. As everyone said, try to stay hydrated. 

I should not even think about buying anything, but I saw a fan presented this morning that has me contemplating another purchase.  I already have one of these fans that is in my "office", but I'm thinking of the living room.  Part of me says why do this when you have a ceiling fan (which I use), but another part says the ceiling fan doesn't really do the trick as far as cooling goes.  I think I will postpone the decision until later today or tomorrow.

Need to do my usual Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review.  Plus, I have a hospice visit this afternoon.  It was pretty warm on my walk this morning, but I know it will be much hotter later in the day.

Hope everyone keeps cool as possible and has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I misunderstood @LindaLatte   I thought the concern was leather potentially pilling and running the hose.  I never considered pebbles or stones.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Your comment about the TSV not being anything special reminds me of the times I would stay up to Midnight to see the "special." How special? For some reason, the  prices seemed to be significantly lower than the "next day" price and some of the "specials" often sold out early, if not in the Midnight hour then by early morning. Now, the price difference is not that much and it often pays to wait to see the reviews.  I do hope the shoes you found work well for you.

The TSV should be priced almost in the range of a "loss leader." The price is so low that it brings people into shop with the hopes that they will indulge in the "upsell" items to go with it. The TSV would suffice by itself but it would be hard to resist the other items that enhance it or permit it to be used in a variety of situations.

I'm watching a Perry Mason mystery on Hallmark Mysteries.  I always enjoyed Raymond Burr in all his roles.