books at the library.

I bought one from Amazon. Most was handed down from previous Royals,

Bought a used copy.

Respected Contributor

She looks so nice, as always.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I once read what she carries in her purse at all times, but memory is not serving me right now. Think it was in a book about the royals. But I do recall that it was just standard stuff......handkerchief, lipstick, etc. Definitely no money.

I really do love the peach outfit, but I know I could not wear that with my fair skin. It would wash me out. She looks lovely.

@World Traveler I remember reading that the purse is used as a symbol.  If she switches arms when she's talking with someone, it means she wants someone to intervene.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I once read what she carries in her purse at all times, but memory is not serving me right now. Think it was in a book about the royals. But I do recall that it was just standard stuff......handkerchief, lipstick, etc. Definitely no money.

I really do love the peach outfit, but I know I could not wear that with my fair skin. It would wash me out. She looks lovely.

@World Traveler I remember reading that the purse is used as a symbol.  If she switches arms when she's talking with someone, it means she wants someone to intervene.

@GCR18.  I read that too. She uses it to give signals!

Respected Contributor

I am no longer young. But I remember when I was a little girl, they used write about Queen Elizabeth and her sister Princess Margaret in the newspapers and fashion magazines. Elizabeth was very young no older than 25 when she ascended to the throne and Margaret a couple of years younger. Elizabeth's coronation played at the movie theaters in the United States.

Contributor

Thank you for posting pictures of the royalty.  I look forward to seeing them.  I remember as a young girl sitting on the sidewalk to view the Coronation coach as it passed my neighborhood.  I also remember the sad time Margaret was not allowed to marry Capt. Townsend the man she loved. How things have changed. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/queen-elizabeth-ii-favorite-handbag-2017-4

I wonder why she owns 200 of the same $2K black handbag?  She must really like this bag! 

Honored Contributor

I have seen a few snaps of her ,wearing other colored shoes. I have never seen her in red or  primary colors

You can see when she was younger ,all of her bags weren't black ,and neither were her shoes

https://footwearnews.com/2016/fashion/celebrity-style/queen-elizabeth-90th-birthday-celebration-mile...

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 Yes, that is true. But I was trying to remember what was inside it. It will come to me one of these days......probably in the middle of the night! ha!