Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I know someone who only has her jeans drycleaned.  Does that count as "not washing" them?

@Tinkrbl44 No.  The Levi Strauss Company believes they should never be washed (only spot treated).  There were no dry cleaners in 1888 when the brand was born, so I doubt they mean that.

@gertrudecloset 

And what is their justification for people walking around in dirty jeans?

I don't know @Tinkrbl44 .  You could find out the various talking points if you researched it.

@gertrudecloset 

Oh, I see, my mistake.  You wrote the comment so it sounded like you knew what you were talking about.  Why even bother to mention something if you don't understand it in the first place?   

Say what @Tinkrbl44 ?  If you read and could comprehend when I mentioned it I said it was told to me YEARS ago.  I also said I didn't take the advice.  I didn't know the rationalization for it because, I didn't pay it no mind.  Good grief.  You sit here and post like I do, look it up.  Another poster DID find something about it upthread.  I didn't even bother to comment because IT'S OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO ME.  If it bothers you and you NEED to know why, do like the other poster did and look it up!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Premium denim = Premium price!!  Some of these prices are outrageous really.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Premium denim to me is using 100% excellent quality cotton.  I will accept 98% cotton, 2% spandex, but anything else added to the mix to me, is faux denim similar to faux leather.

However, premium denim to designers and retailers includes how it is made, as well...how much water, etc.  Does it require too many resources.  Are those resources and wastes friendly to the environment?  

Using the word premium is very deceiving. 

Yep!  Some of them ARE premium and some are not.  Only a company who is not offering a Premium product, but labelling it as such is deceptive.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@jonbon: Oh puulease!!!

Respected Contributor

paging our resident Premium Denim expert :  @songbird 

One item is the Premium Jeans use selvedge denim which is higher quality denim made on narrow looms.

Jeans are finished and sewn in USA factories.

Some say to - instead of lauder -  Freeze your jeans for 48 hours this will kill germs.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@jonbon: Oh puulease!!!

"Oh puulease!!!" what? I simply copied something from Google. Not sure what was so controversial about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I just rec'd a pair of (not premium) Levi straight leg jeans that I ordered on-line and I love these jeans. They look NOTHING like the image on various web sites of these jeans and the description says button and zipper and what I rec'd was button fly jeans. What I like about them is they fit just like my favorite button up Calvin Klein jeans from the early 1990's.  I love those CK jeans and still have a couple of pair, but they are a bit big and baggy on me now. These are the closest jeans I've ever tried to those CK jeans and they fit me great. Hubby said oh la la. Smiley Happy 

I'm still laughing tho, because what I got is not what I expected. Lucky for me, they were better than what I expected. 

Oh, and I WILL be laundering these Levi jeans. Probably won't go in the dryer tho as I do not want them to shrink.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@kate2357  You go girl! I love when that happens! Especially with jeans!

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I know someone who only has her jeans drycleaned.  Does that count as "not washing" them?

@Tinkrbl44 No.  The Levi Strauss Company believes they should never be washed (only spot treated).  There were no dry cleaners in 1888 when the brand was born, so I doubt they mean that.

@gertrudecloset 

And what is their justification for people walking around in dirty jeans?

I don't know @Tinkrbl44 .  You could find out the various talking points if you researched it.

@gertrudecloset 

Oh, I see, my mistake.  You wrote the comment so it sounded like you knew what you were talking about.  Why even bother to mention something if you don't understand it in the first place?   

Say what @Tinkrbl44 ?  If you read and could comprehend when I mentioned it I said it was told to me YEARS ago.  I also said I didn't take the advice.  I didn't know the rationalization for it because, I didn't pay it no mind.  Good grief.  You sit here and post like I do, look it up.  Another poster DID find something about it upthread.  I didn't even bother to comment because IT'S OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO ME.  If it bothers you and you NEED to know why, do like the other poster did and look it up!

@ gertrudecloset 

"@Tinkrbl44    No.  The Levi Strauss Company believes they should never be washed (only spot treated).  There were no dry cleaners in 1888 when the brand was born, so I doubt they mean that"

Oh please ... no need to get so dramatic about such nonsense.

I read your above comment and saw nothing about it being told to you "years ago", so there's no reading comprehension issue.   

If you fail to add some point you think is key, that's on you, not me.

Have a nice day.