Honored Contributor

Re: Paging The Owl: For this New Englander, Storm of the Century was Not!

Hoping you all are doing well!!! In some places the Weather people apologized for over-reacting, but I think they did what they had to do, from what was in front of them. Better to be safe, than sorry.

Super Contributor

My son lives in Manhatten, he said the coverage of this "storm" was just so way overplayed by the media. He told me at no time yesterday was it even a storm, I get so sick of the media hyping things, just so sick of it

Trusted Contributor

I am in Eastern/South Ct. and it's still snowing....4 pm...and we have 30 inches!!!!

So yes, it was a definite awful Blizzard....snowing for over 24 hours...ugh.

Respected Contributor

2blonde: I grew up in North Buffalo. Not in the snow belt but still had lake effect. 3 inches of snow can be harrying if it comes at you sideways and you can't see anything.

I was stunned when I saw how drivers in Boston area acted. They'd speed up instead of slow down. I'm as afraid of the drivers as I am of the snow. My doctor was from Montreal and he told me NEVER to keep an appointment if there was a lot of snow. He said the same thing about Boston drivers. They knew how to drive in Montreal.

I went to school from preprimer to University and remember only a few occasions when there were snow days.

There were driving bans; my uncle was a bigshot and paid no attention. It cost him one hundred bucks in '65. But the worst part was they put him on TELEVISION! He was a boss who wanted everyone at work. He had an accounting firm and the storms always came before the deadline. In those days it was March 15. After that he was a changed man. The TV appearance did it.

Respected Contributor

Lavendar, I agree about the Bostonian drivers........don't know what's up with that, it's just kind of an attitude they have! Here in NE Ohio, we're used to lake effect snow, but it never fails.......every winter when we have the first snow, they all drive like it's mid-July, and there are wrecks and traffic jams everywhere. After that first one, they usually calm down somewhat and regain their sensibilities. I really do hate this stuff, though.......I'll take 85 degrees and sunny anytime!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I live in an urban neighborhood and am a five minute walk from public transportation. I simply don't drive when it's treacherous.

Occasional Contributor

I'm from Hopkinton, MA and we have gotten pretty close to 30". Have snow blown driveway and cleaned off cars a couple times and will have to go out again. Channel 5 says we are still slated to get another 5" - 7"... On the bright side, it's light & fluffy??
Super Contributor

Kookielady here again: News update says we are up to 31"" here in Central Mass. We were 25"" a few hours ago.

Contributor

Hi Sheesh - about 20 inches, but not so bad. A couple of rounds with the snowblower and done! Gearing up to head south. Probably going to miss all the shows but we will see Smiley Happy Waiting for those V-neck swing tunics to appear in lots of pretty colors.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Berylkj said:

Lived in Wayland Ma for 30 years. Happy I'm not there now. Living in SE North Carolina coast and all we have are hurricanes.

I rather have the weather we have then the hurricanes.