Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK, I think we have all learned that........

A NO for me too....

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm rather indifferent towards the line but something she said tonight really caught me off guard. She trademarked the simple phrase I love everyone?! First of all how do you get a trademark on something so generic and secondly it doesn't seem like a very loving thing to do

@Andreatoo   That really is bizarre.  Did she actually get that trademark on such a universal saying?  Or did she just try to get a trademark.  If she actually received one, that whole process is highly questionable.

Honored Contributor

I like that TSV but not really because of the sayings.  I just think it's a cute idea with the little faux turtle neck thing.  I like the style of the top and think it looks very comfy and wearable.  As far as sayings on tops, I don't see anyrthing wrong with it.  If a message seems pertinent to you, why not? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan. This is just me.

One of the only logo things I wear is a very, very understated Philadelphia Eagles jacket. It's official garb. It has the eagle head embroidered at the shoulder with some other decoration and also the word, Eagles on the back shoulder. Both are small and unobtrusive, which is why I got it.

My dear SIL, however, got me a Wentz jersey, as well as a Phantoms hockey jersey.

So, other than these sports teams, I would rather keep my personal affirmations to myself.

Trusted Contributor

I really like PLW, but not because of the affirmations. I like the deconstructed edges, quality fabrics, and edgy designs. I get compliments every time I wear a piece. The writing on my items is always hidden within the garment, or very small and in an inconspicuous place-like behind the collar of a jacket.

I do like to rock a statement tee, but nothing pollyannaish.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

Do we really need writing on our clothes to express our thoughts ... seriously???

It is a ridiculous concept. Obviously though, one that is working out well for them.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

The only writing my clothing has is a discreet brand name or the name of my favorite sports team. I agree with OP-- affirmations come from within. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Writing or no writing I don't care for the majority of the clothes in this line.  This TSV is particularly unappealing to me because of the style.

That being said, there is something very off-putting about this vendor and her schtick during her presentations.  I feel the same way about the My Saint My Hero vendor.  I put both vendors in the same category.  They are over the top for me. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the line either.

I wouldn't wear it out of the house.  I don't need any lounge wear at the moment

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo ...........well McDonalds as trademarked the phrase.....Im lovin it.  IMO I thinks its just plain silly and useless.  But then again no one asked me.  LOL.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)