Super Contributor

OK, I think we have all learned that........

[ Edited ]

Wearing personal affirmations on our clothes looks a little like wishful thinking and needs to come from possibly a deeper place. No, it cant hurt, but OK, please. It is actually getting so gimmacky it is losing its meaning, OR not? What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: OK, I think we have all learned that........

I am not into inspirational sayings on my clothing, period.

Valued Contributor

I don't wear clothes with writing on them. 

Honored Contributor

I like the style, but I don't want writing on it. I wonder if other people really do comment on the affirmation when they see it on you. I'm a skeptic and would view it as an attention grabber or as if the person was trying to force their views on me. There's nothing wrong with being positive and up beat, but why feel the need to literally wear it on your sleeve, neck or wherever. IMO it is a fad and a gimmic, but that's the times we are living in.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Thebig I !  I generally don’t like writing on my clothing but I do have a piece of PLW - the last hoodie in black that just says Peace Love World.  I’ve ordered the TSV in olive which just says Thankful in small embroidery.  

I think in the times we are living in people are looking for more positive affirmations/reminders/influences and perhaps PLW delivers that.  For me it just affirms what I already believe in (in most if not all not all) cases.  I’m pretty selective about what I will display verbiage-wise.  Thankful says enough for me.

Honored Contributor

Never cared for this style. However, See nothing wrong with others enjoying. Obviously, Popular with many people. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me. Carrying a handbag with a logo is as far as I can go . . . and that's a tough one!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

This line (and ones like it) doesn't seem at all special to me, but rather silly, and run-of -the-mill. Feels like you're trying too hard. I like guys in message tee shirts, but the message has to be very original and funny.  I saw one the other day:  nevermind, it will get poofed!   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm rather indifferent towards the line but something she said tonight really caught me off guard. She trademarked the simple phrase I love everyone?! First of all how do you get a trademark on something so generic and secondly it doesn't seem like a very loving thing to do

Honored Contributor

I don't like affirmations - especially on clothing but really like PLW.  I have the hoodie sweatshirt with a wide hoodie in black and I blackened out the affirmation with permanent black marker.  I did get the one now in olive with the thankful affirmation and I probably will either try to remove it or sew a nondescript decal patch over it.  I don't like high necks or turtle necks but I got this to match PLW sweats to walk my dog in the early morning when it's chilly out.