Esteemed Contributor

Re: OH MY! Return Policy Changes

IF this is the policy it is required that it be clearly stated.  THat is a consumer law.  IF the policy has changed and that is not posted QVC then QVC is breaking the law and a complaint should be made to the FTC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SBK

I looked at a return.

The item was $44.00 with $3.00 in shipping (no tax where I sent it) for a total of $47.00.

I returned using the pre-paid $6.95 label which is deducted from the refund. They take the refund from the cost of the item alone not the entire transaction (the cost before shipping is added as shipping is not refunded). 

$44.00 - $6.95 = $37.05

That was my refund. It cost me about ten dollars which is the total of my original shipping plus the pre-paid label (25% of the cost of the item went to a return. Ask me again why I'm not buying clothing as much here!)

OP--is this your experience or was yours different? 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@SBK

I looked at a return.

The item was $44.00 with $3.00 in shipping (no tax where I sent it) for a total of $47.00.

I returned using the pre-paid $6.95 label which is deducted from the refund. They take the refund from the cost of the item alone not the entire transaction (the cost before shipping is added as shipping is not refunded). 

$44.00 - $6.95 = $37.05

That was my refund. It cost me about ten dollars which is the total of my original shipping plus the pre-paid label (25% of the cost of the item went to a return. Ask me again why I'm not buying clothing as much here!)

OP--is this your experience or was yours different? 

THat is AWFUL!  I need to pay better attention to this!!!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla

Yes, I am very very careful.  First I don't watch live (usually).  I am too easy to sway and I get all kinds of happy when I think I can order something.  If I wait I would never want the  item that badly and when I do order hastily, honestly when it comes in I think "what was I thinking or I don't remember ordering or needing that."  So when I do see something, these days... I stop go to the reviews or the forum, or some other way to cool off and change my mind set.  By then the urge to buy passes and I save lots of money. My closet is full of stuff that I really did not need.  

So to get back to the point, I order less since 1.  I don't need it   2.  And if I wait I really don't want it.  No problem with returning anything.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is the OP trying to say that besides the original s/h not being refunded and the return label charge, QVC is charging an ADDITIONAL $2.95 return fee.

I can tell you that has NOT been the case with what I have returned.  I recently returned a cosmetic item and a clothing item and was not charged an additional $2.95.  I have no idea what the OP is referring to.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC

@Wayne-QVC

@Alice-QVC

maybe one of the mods can clarify the original posters experience to her and to us?

i still think she is referring to the original shipping charges not being refunded and the return label fee, which is clearly stated in the return faqs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Q no longer refunds the original shipping fee. This has been the policy for more than a year and a half. It is clearly stated in the return policy. The policy is posted so you can go read it if you want.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Susan-QVC

@Wayne-QVC

@Alice-QVC

maybe one of the mods can clarify the original posters experience to her and to us?

i still think she is referring to the original shipping charges not being refunded and the return label fee, which is clearly stated in the return faqs.

@sunshine45, I think you are right.  It's the $2.95 that is throwing me but I bet it's really $3.00 and the 5 cent difference has to do with tax or something.

I'm always amazed that people don't know the policies.  When QVC did refund original s/h, there were posters who insisted they were never refunded that amount.   

Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

"powers that be" want consumers to be more judicious in ordering

I know I'm more "judicious" in ordering, in that I rarely order at all!  Guess they got what they wanted from this 20+ year shopper. 

I also buy less from QVC than ever before, especially clothing.  

QVC Customer Care

@sunshine45  This is not a policy change that I am aware of nor have I heard of any change in our current policy. As an example, If the item is not defective and she is using the prepaid label she will be deducted $3.00 (original Postage) and $6.95 (Label Fee). 

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Have a great day!!

Susan Q-Social