Occasional Contributor

OH MY! Return Policy Changes

" I ordered two of these vest in the same size, different colors. I sent them back because I actually didn't care for the fit on me, but my issue here, and why I am giving this only 1 STAR is because even though I ordered them both in the same size, they had two different size fits. One was true to size and the other was 1 size LARGER. Very obvious, so I sent them back. Now here is the second OH MY! WE all pay $3.00 S&H to get each item and then another $6.95 to return, but DID YOU KNOW they are also charging another $2.95 per item for them being RETURNED!! The customer service rep told me they instated this policy about 6 months ago as the "powers that be" want consumers to be more judicious it order properly resulting in less returns. So since I, like many others, order regularly and know my size and choices, hit a BIG problem when the items in one line vary greatly in cut and sizing. There are complaints about this riddled ALL OVER LOGO reviews! I find it very poor policy when quality control on the part of the manufacturer is required to be paid for by the consumer. And it makes me sad because I have been a longtime consumer at QVC and truly love the LOGO line, but if the sizing issues are not remedied and I am required to pay for the inconsistencies it will most certainly affect any future purchases. OH MY, Lori and QVC please remedy this issue and hear your consumers, this is poor form. "

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OH MY! Return Policy Changes

"powers that be" want consumers to be more judicious in ordering

I know I'm more "judicious" in ordering, in that I rarely order at all!  Guess they got what they wanted from this 20+ year shopper. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

"powers that be" want consumers to be more judicious in ordering

I know I'm more "judicious" in ordering, in that I rarely order at all!  Guess they got what they wanted from this 20+ year shopper. 

Same here.  Ordering down to an all time low!

Valued Contributor

gardensla, this has nothing to do with the topic but I noticed your Twilight picture. I still love Twilight and Robert Pattinson .  I too will be ordering less - that policy is ridiculous. I haven't been ordering as much anyway since Lisa left.

Honored Contributor

@SBK@gardensla Thanks!  I didn't realize that.  I order and send things back all of the time.  The only reason I send things back is because it freaking doesn't fit.  I even ask where the sizes are, posted I mean.  I call customer service and ask them to put the inches on the screen, and still the things are not the size posted.  It's not my fault their sizes are so off.

I wouldn't order the things if I didn't think it would fit.  It's not my idea of fun to to have to pay to send this stuff back.  I didn't realize they were adding extra money on to the returns.  

I sure miss the days when QVC was an upstanding company and you didn't feel like they were nickle and diming you to death (which is what they are doing now).  Good grief!  What other ways are they coming up with to get every penny they can out of people.

If I physically could shop in stores, I'd be out there, but I can't.  

That's OK, eventually people realize they can get something shipped cheaper.  I just ordered a Kerosene heater from Amazon Prime and it will arrive tomorrow (ordered it today) and it will arrive to my house for FREE, that's FREE.  If I could order everything there I would.  

Regular Contributor

How can they get away with that? Its not written anywhere on the return's policy page.  Dont they have to inform the consumer of that?  If I see that 2.95 charge I will fight it.  Does ANYONE SEE IT WRITTEN ANYWHERE? i SURE DONT!!  Has anyone else seen this charge?  Kind of strange Ive never seen it on my bill or heard anyone else talk about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leelee1123

I think what she means is that you are not refunded your original shipping?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

You can also buy clothes, shoes, bags, cosmetics, just about anything on Amazon.  And, with shoes for example they have you put in your normal size and then recommend if you should size up on not, depending how they're running!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, it is written down......it has been the policy of qvc for over a year and a half now.

this is why many posters have said that they are now buying less.....because it costs $10+ to try on an item and return it.

QVC wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you're not satisfied for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back the merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange or a refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping and handling and Q Return Label fees. If an item is returned as defective or because QVC was in error, QVC will refund the S&H paid and not deduct for the Q Return Label. Purchases from QVC and the use of QVC services are subject to our General Terms and Conditions of Use and our Privacy Policy, which can be found at the bottom of the QVC.com home page. For more information, call Customer Service at 888-345-5788.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

That's news to me, I didn't see anything like that in the return policy and I doubt that QVC would just add something that major without disclosing it. Especially with holiday shopping.   I think op misunderstood something.  I have on occasion experienced a size discrepancy in the same item, not often but it has happened.  It's called life.  The clothes are mass produced and sometimes they are made in different factories.  Stuff happens.  That's one of the risks of buying from shopping channels and catalogs....we can't try things on.