Trusted Contributor

O/T - INTERNET EXPLORER, SUPER SLOW ON LAPTOP

I'm having a terrible time with IE on my laptop. Super slow loading these forums. Anyone else having this problem? I'm on my mini IPAD, no problems there. I don't have problems with other websites. Is it just this forum? Anyone else?
Regular Contributor

Re: O/T - INTERNET EXPLORER, SUPER SLOW ON LAPTOP

I am using this on Chrome right now, on my laptop.  Everything is super slow on my laptop now.  My phone is so much better.  How old is your laptop?  Mine is 2011, which is pretty old nowadays.  I'm running Windows 7 Home edition.  But I think the problem is that my older laptop can't keep up with all of the new code, especially on redesigned websites such as this one.  With all of the new java, flash, etc. requirements...my laptop just doesn't run well anymore.

Honored Contributor

What also might help run your IE faster is removing the temporary cookies; it might run faster this site if you were to switch to Firefox as your internet browser.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

My laptop is from October 2013. I have IE 8.1 I think. How do you remove the cookies? It appears that it's just the forums that are slow, when replying to a post, even clicking on a topic seems to take forever to open.
Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
My laptop is from October 2013. I have IE 8.1 I think. How do you remove the cookies? It appears that it's just the forums that are slow, when replying to a post, even clicking on a topic seems to take forever to open.

That's your first problem. The latest version is 11. You may want to upgrade. Or use Chrome, which is much better. I only use IE if I absolutely have to.

Respected Contributor

Everything was slow for me last week here. My son was here for Father's Day and did upgrades on my IPAD and MAc desktop and it now works. Try software upgrades...I hope it works for you.
Trusted Contributor

CB, actually about a month ago it automatically upgraded. Took 2 hrs. Quite frankly I don't know what version I have. How do you find out?