Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 22)

Good morning, shopping friends.  I took a quick look at the TSV. I actually like the charcoal but the more I think about it the more I think it might overwhelm this short person. For some reason, it also reminds me of those flowing tops Maude wore in The Golden Girls. That is not a bad thing as she looked good in that style and I confess to wearing something similar way back but then I was taller.

I did discover something interesting. I went to check my shopping cart. Remember how items moved to the bottom after one hour? Well, the items I put in my cart yesterday to consider are still there. I wonder if this is a move to reinforce the message that the items are available to buy as it is in a more prominent area. It is one of those cautionary things to consider if not knowing that and you hit "speed buy" for an item to be considered  the next day, etc. Imagine thinking you are buying one thing but end up buying 3 or 4 or more.

I'll be going to the drugstore this afteroon to pick up that specialized heart med as they only had a five day supply when I placed my prescription. I get the 90 day as it saves money. I'm looking at the house and seeing things that need to be relocated but I can't lift more than ten pounds. Poor Midnight weighs 13 pounds himself. I don't have to worry about heavy handbags as I don't carry the kitchen sink. I do, however, have things I want to get out of here for a future home with the donation center. I guess that can wait until after the appointment on Wednesday. In the meantime, I'll deal with the lesser weight items. I have to make the most of the limited time I have this summer.

I hope that each of you who is personally dealing with a health issue or has a family member dealing with a health issue is making progress. This also includes our furbabies as they are members of our families.

Have a great day. Think positively! Remember, it supposedly takes ten positive comments to offset the impact of one negative impact. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, JUNE 22)

Good morning, Kona I am glad to hear that you are making progress.

I do love the TSV but do not need it, I love light weight sweaters for the summers air contioning freezes me to death.  Do not need it nut want it, I will check in the as is section in a week or 2 and see about the price then.

Had a very nice weekend, went to the movies for the first time in a long time, Jurassic World, we enjoyed it all but the price, $23 for 2 with the senior discount, yikes!

I had a yellow jacket nest in my dryer vent my friend noticed and we dealt with that on Sunday afternoon, He removed the vent sprayed and then eused a shop vac to remove it, changed the outsided vent sealing it well  and while at it replaced the vent hose.  We managed to do that and not get stung.  That was the big excitement for the weekend.

My son and his wife joined me amd Mark for church and then treated everyone to a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel. 

I hope everyone is well

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it sounds as if you are doing very well, jean. I have no need for the tsv, but did order a couple of pairs of pants from chicos on sale. We had a great time on our trip. My brother is very generous with his family. I have a chronic illness,but did just fine on the trip. Each day is interesting. ((((Hugs))) to all.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rosa--I've also checked out "As Is" and have had good luck with the items I have purchased. I haven't seen Jurassic Park new movie yet, but I see your prices are close to what we pay here also. There is a big difference between the overall impact of the movie as seen on the big screen compared to TV, etc.  but we still have to discriminate on what movies are worth that expemse. There are some other good movies coming out later, so I may or may not see this movie.

Barbara--I am so happy you were able to make the trip. I saw your pic on FB of the new World Trace Center. You are a disciminating shopper so I know that you do well with your purchases.

I am off to fix lunch and then have a meaningful relationship with my Kindle and Midnight. Speaking of Kindle, the new Kindle Paperwhite is coming out on June 30. I'm still using a Kindle e-reader that is about 4 years old but working well. I'm keeping my eye out for specials later on the new version.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you are up and about Jean.  Hope your Wednesday appointment goes okay.  I like the looks of the TSV, but I don't think I would get enough use out of it, so I'm trying to resist.  I'm also on the short side, so maybe it would not be the best choice for me.

Hi Rosa -- glad you enjoyed the movie.  One of my DGS' saw that movie with some of his friends, and DD said they had a good time.  Not on my wish list for sure -- just don't enjoy those types of movies.

Glad you had such a nice trip, Barbara.  You do so much given your health issues -- it is great how you can do so.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Bernie, pinky ann, snicks, Karen, Charlene, and all of our posters and readers.

Our neighbor/builder just stopped by to talk about replacing the kitchen cabinets -- sounds like it may get done this summer, but not too soon.

DH's DD called yesterday, and his DGD is doing as well as can be expected.  His DS also called to wish him a Happy Father's Day.

I have my strong bones workshop later this morning, and I'll go to Curves this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies - I've missed checking in with you.  Got back from our trip to Oahu very late, about 2:30 AM.  I'm very tired and my only plans for the day are to water plants, spend time with my pets and do some laundry.

My vacation went nicely, though I'm not used the humidity.  My extended family of 12 got along okay, and the house we stayed at was really nice with a great view.  Some time during the next week I'll be posting photos on facebook.  

(You Hawaii gals forgive my spelling here) We saw  the USS Arizona Memorial, Iolani Palace with nearby churches, missionary houses, state capitol,  King Kamehamaha statue, and had lunch in Chinatown.  We went to the Bishop Museum, the Punchbowl cemetery, Waikiki beach, hiked to Mauuna Falls, and drove around Round Top/Tantalus Rd..  Went to the Byodi-in Temple, the Polynesian Cultural Center, Waimea Falls,  the Dole Plantation, and a couple of ancient sacred sites with names way too long for me to remember.  We stopped at lots of overlooks, several beaches, and went tidepooling.  

It was fun and now I'm tired.  Hope you all have a nice Monday!  ~ Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, beautiful day today in the high 80's and nice and sunny.

Wow movies prices have sure gone up Rosa...that's the same price in my area too.  I think I would like to see Jurrasic World I did like the original.  Glad you got the yellow

jacket nest, last yr they got into our dining room from the  outside window  an I had to have an exterminator come in...they were in the wall and were making a hole into the house.

Sydsgama glad you enjoyed your trip.  We live about 20 minutes from Greenwich and love this area.  Did you fly into Westchester..it is such a convient airport rather than going  down to JFK or LGW.  My youngest worked in that Aquariaum when we first moved here....at first as a volunteer then got a job there.I think his name is still up on the volunteer board.,LOL  and that was a number of years ago he did that.

Charleen you sure were a busy beaver on your trip...looking forward to see your pictures.

Jean glad you are still feeling well and your apts this week go well.

Not much else here....since it's such a nice day  I am going to float a little in the pool.

How is your kitty doing Arlene?

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean, thanks for getting us started today.  The TSV is no temptation for me.  I bought a similar styled sweater (no stripes) in an oatmeal color from another store for $20.  Thanks for the tip about the shopping cart.  I would have thought they would move to Saved Items after some period of time.  I haven't done speed buy in a long time.  I don't know why, I like taking the long route.

Rosa - It's been a long time since I've eaten at a Cracker Barrel.  Since I can east breakfast at any time of the day (lol), I would usually have breakfast there.  Sometimes when I want to see a movie by myself, I will do one of the 10 am shows at a theatre not far from me.  $5 for first run movies.  Sometimes I take a travel cup of coffee with me as I can't eat junk food that early in the A.M.

Barbara - it's good to read that you had a nice trip.  I bet visiting the New World Trade Center was emotional.  I know I would have been crying.

LindaL - getting new kitchen cabinets is exciting.  Heck, doing anything new to a home is exciting (lol).

Charlene - it sounds like a good time was had by all in Hawaii.  How are the goats?

Marijane - floating in the pool sounds fun.  I'm at work and today is fireworks day in downtown Detroit.  It's a big deal done on the Detroit river and can be seen from the U.S. side and Windsor (Canada) side.  My team lead is off for a couple of days, so I'm in charge (woo-hoo!   not really).  Because they start closing streets around 6pm and traffic starts getting congested around 4 pm, it didn't take long for my team to ask if they were going to be released early (rofl).  I have to laugh - many of these people get in early and out by 3 pm before all of the drama.  My manager let me know people could leave 1.5 hours early (as compared to their normal departure time).  It's like watching kids at Christmas ;-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie do they have the fireworks all summer every week ?
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is doing well today.

KK, glad you are doing so well and hoping for the best possible report from your apt. on Wednesday. I was not interested in the TSV today, it looks nice, but not my style.

fmb8282lsn, glad you got that yellow jacket's nest out with no stings, those really hurt. Sounds like you have a very pleasant weekend, movies, church and lunch out with your son and his wife, along with your friend.

Sydsgma, glad you had a fun trip and had no problems, healthwise also.

LL, that will be really nice to get new cabinets, even if it takes a little while to get them done. So glad to hear that DH's DGD is doing ok. She is a tough little girl.cerb, what a fun trip you had, just chock full of interesting sites to see, I am envious, would love that trip. I can totally ubderstand you being tired. I would be too.

Genny1, enjoy your pool time.

bird, have fun being in charge, also the fireworks. It always feels good to get to leave work early, lol.

It is 85 here today, feels like 95, so they say on the weather station, I believe them as I was out doing some weeding, sweating up a storm, lol. Came inside so the dog could cool off, thought she might be getting too hot. Got my computer checked out this morning, was told they did not find anything 'strange' or out of the ordinary on it, so I feel better now. Not much else happening here. Have a great day.

Waving to all the posters.

"To each their own, in all things".