Contributor

Need to find grandmother of the groom outfit for my 86 yo mom

I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions.  Afternoon wedding in July  for my nephew.   Mom can barely get around with a walker so taking her to try on outfits is impractical.  Also she has trouble using her hands. 

We we need to stick to dark pull on washable pants, and a dressy top.   She is a petite, bottom heavy and a size 12-14 on top.  

Im far from a fashionista, as my wardrobe consists of jeans and scrubs with a few occasion pieces.   I rarely shop in stores.  

Anything on QVC that may fit the bill???   

Help me please!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need to find grandmother of the groom outfit for my 86 yo mom

I'm not sure what could work at QVC but years ago I bought my mother a Bob Mackie jacket which she wore with petite black pants and a shell top to a family wedding. QVC has more petites these days so it could work. My other suggestion is to check out Chico's. They are also carrying more petites these days and you canusually find discount coupons online. It sounds like she'd be a 2 in Chico's sizing.

Honored Contributor

Another possibility may be Christopher and Banks

Honored Contributor

What about somtething like A271128 by Bob Mackie and a pair of his Petite plants. Good luck when we got married we were lucky we picked up a suit at a local dress store for DH's grandmother and it fit perfectly

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I agree with Vivian F.  Bob Mackie has some beautiful dressy tops and jackets which can be ordered at QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Printed Bolero Jacket Dress with 3/4 Sleeves JHDM9377

Our grandmother (89 at the time) wore a dress similar to this for my son's wedding. It was very comfortable and stunning on her. It is from David's Bridal.

Honored Contributor

if you put mackie in the search bar above you will see several tops that would do just fine. There are scarf tops that are gorgette type fabrics that are nice and lots with embellishment.

Super Contributor

Morning Kamidust, FYI today lunchtime special Bob Mackie A265047, crepe de chine paradise print jacket and tank in orchid might work. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I would suggest a pair of black Traveler's pants from Chico's.  They are easy to fit, do not wrinkle and can be worn with almost any top.

There are some pretty scarf type tops from Bob Mackie, Chico's or HSN.  Susan Graver also makes scarf tops but I find her sizing can be wonky.

Honored Contributor

This is a Bob Mackie top that is on clearence and comes in five colors.

http://www.qvc.com/Bob-Mackies-Paisley-Stripe-Printed-Boatneck-Caftan-Top.product.A265050.html?sc=A2...

Bob Mackies Paisley Stripe Printed Boatneck Caftan Top - A265050