Honored Contributor

I've stopped purchasing any new clothing. June, July and August and then fall clothes again. NC still in Phase 2. I still have nowhere to go to wear new things I purchased.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but this pandemic will still be around for quite awhile. 

Are you still purchasing summer clothes?

Honored Contributor
Just replacing some polos and tees. I started last year replacing all my cottons with polyester tops.

Mostly, I’m altering and embellishing.

I see very few summer things on Q that work for me style-wise.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Just replacing some polos and tees. I started last year replacing all my cottons with polyester tops.

Mostly, I’m altering and embellishing.

I see very few summer things on Q that work for me style-wise.

@ALRATIBA   I've ordered hardly anything from Q. The return rate because of quality/fit became ridiculous. I realized ordering more clothing either 50% off from my favorite sites is a waste of money at this time. 

Altering/embellishing? Sounds interesting. What are you doing?

Respected Contributor

My closets are filled and with no church Sunday--haven't worn anything dressy in a while. If I see something I really REALLY need I might buy it anyways. 

Valued Contributor

While I love learning about fashion and reading up on what is going on in the fashion forum, I am not someone who buys something every season. Mostly because I am retired. So I can wear the same type of outfit every day of the week and go to different places and nobody will care.  

I rarely order any clothing online. Last thing I ordered were a pair of Iman jeans.  They looked horrible on me,  so I sent them back. That's how it has been with other items from online retailers. So I just play it safe and order skincare.

If I need to replace something, I will go to a local retailer. The pandemic really hasn't changed  the way that I shop for clothing.

Valued Contributor

I am ordering summer weight bottoms because I really need them.  One thing the pandemic changed was my hip size, unfortunately.  I am up one size from last year.  Uggh. My shopping habits have changed.  More $$ applied to getting some food items shipped to my home; my husband is very high risk and could definitely not survive a bout with the virus. I have a work from home job so that has not changed much.  But if I was going on mini trips etc I would be buying some cute outfits but saving my money for now.  I live in upstate NY; we are slowing opening up, but due to my age and my husband's risk I will probably be isolating for the summer and fall. I try not to think about it. One day at a time.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   Hi Everyone.  I love to shop in clothing stores and this virus has put a screeching halt to that. On the plus side, I have saved lots of money and lost about 5 lbs. (Less snacking these days).  I have tried on all my crop and Capri pants recently. I had a total of 30 (yikes!) pair so no need to shop. I am donating 9 crop pants and three of my old favorites fit me again.  If I see something that I reallly really like, I will buy it. But like everyone else, I have nowhere to go.   Stay safe and healthy!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't bought anything but food and toiletries since late January.  I'm saving myself a ton of money!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've stopped purchasing any new clothing. June, July and August and then fall clothes again. NC still in Phase 2. I still have nowhere to go to wear new things I purchased.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but this pandemic will still be around for quite awhile. 

Are you still purchasing summer clothes?

I bought my last Isaac Mizrahi top..I don't have a car...and staying home all the time..even my groceries are through instacart...so....No new clothes for me either!!!!! Woman Frustrated
Esteemed Contributor

I have only bought a few items this spring.  A couple pairs of Sketchers, which I like for around the house.  And a few items from Talbot’s, extra wardrobe essentials, bought for a song on one of their constant sales.  Things are starting to open up in limited ways in CT, but I won’t be rushing out anytime soon.