Valued Contributor

@chvall99 wrote:

I am ordering summer weight bottoms because I really need them.  One thing the pandemic changed was my hip size, unfortunately.  I am up one size from last year.  Uggh. My shopping habits have changed.  More $$ applied to getting some food items shipped to my home; my husband is very high risk and could definitely not survive a bout with the virus. I have a work from home job so that has not changed much.  But if I was going on mini trips etc I would be buying some cute outfits but saving my money for now.  I live in upstate NY; we are slowing opening up, but due to my age and my husband's risk I will probably be isolating for the summer and fall. I try not to think about it. One day at a time.

Sending hugs to you and your hubby...! Heart

Respected Contributor

I've taken advantage of Talbots deep discount sales and DH has done the same with stores he likes. The prices were just too good to pass up. We're both at the point now where we need to donate some of our older, gently worn clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Since I wear summer clothes almost all year I bought several pairs of shorts and tee shirts before and during the shutdown. I don't buy from QVC because I simply don't care for their clothes. Winter clothes last years here since. I only get to wear them a few months at a time. 

Trusted Contributor

I second the motion of many who say, "nowhere to go", so why buy? That's been it up until now, but my 2 favorite resale shops just opened back up (I live in Michigan). I went to one of them yesterday and it was pretty busy. I only found one top; it was a hot pink Talbots tunic , marked down to $3.20. The other shop requires an appointment so I'm calling them later today for an appointment next week. Hope they have a good inventory, as it was mid March when they closed. I'm taking a few donations to them also.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been doing so much better with my shopping.   Buying few and far between and only at a really good price/free shipping.   I've said before when I want to buy something I force myself to walk into my closet and remember I have way too much already!     I'm getting much better deals on other websites as you are all aware of.    I've also been working at this for quite awhile, prior to all the craziness so staying at home has actually helped me in my mission!

Honored Contributor

I have still been buying because the prices have been great and too good to pass up.  This situation isn't going to last forever and we will be going out again.  

Honored Contributor

I might buy a couple of light, long sleeved casual tops to walk in if I see them but other than that, I can't think of any clothing items I will be buying.  No place to go -- so no place to wear them!!!  Sad, because I love summer clothing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor
I haven't even looked at any clothes. I haven't bought anything since March. Really don't have any plans to. I haven't worn makeup either. I have colored my hair. That's all. We may go back to work in July. I have plenty of clothes. Saving my money.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've stopped purchasing any new clothing. June, July and August and then fall clothes again. NC still in Phase 2. I still have nowhere to go to wear new things I purchased.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but this pandemic will still be around for quite awhile. 

Are you still purchasing summer clothes?

No not really, I have many, one world, kate and mallory, and oso casual.  Usually by now I would have purchased a couple of one world dresses.  However I have enough.  I have been wearing them this weekSmiley Happy  

Super Contributor

I bought a pair of replacement sneakers. I also bought polos and shirt that I had planned on buying before the pandemic, No place to go this year so I do not need anything.