Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus 

I'm taking advantage of the quarantine lemons and making lemonade!.  

I have the time to do this stuff!

Altering

I lost some weight and my pants are too big from waist to upper thigh - so I'm taking them in.  I donated the ones that weren't worth altering and still have a big pile of summer pants.  

Some pants have to be shortened.  Now that I'm thinner, they hang longer. 

Embellishing

For the cotton tees I'm keeping,  I'm adding some crochet borders around the crew neck and on some - also on the sleeve edge.  

I was going through my sewing stuff and found all sorts of lace edging, rickrack, etc. that I'm going to use on some of those tees.

I have a collection of denim and chambray shirt's that I bought specifically to embellish with some freeform pieces.

You're an inspiration, @ALRATIBA  I love hearing "lemonade" stories!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

One thing I learned during the quarantine was that my stay-at-home clothes were pretty bad and needed an upgrade.  My jeans were fine, but my tops were mostly old sweatshirts and fleece tops that had become quite tacky.  So I did buy some new OVC french terry long sleeved tops and they worked very well for spring.  

Now I am at our lake house for the summer and I have plenty of bermuda shorts, nice t-shirts, swimsuits, and sandals.  

I have bought a couple of things for fall already.  I like to buy off-season on ebay for good buys on things like Icelandic and Chicos jackets.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lisa Y wrote:

@Shanus   Hi Everyone.  I love to shop in clothing stores and this virus has put a screeching halt to that. On the plus side, I have saved lots of money and lost about 5 lbs. (Less snacking these days).  I have tried on all my crop and Capri pants recently. I had a total of 30 (yikes!) pair so no need to shop. I am donating 9 crop pants and three of my old favorites fit me again.  If I see something that I reallly really like, I will buy it. But like everyone else, I have nowhere to go.   Stay safe and healthy!

@Lisa Y 

I'm just happy to hear someone else is losing weight besides me! LOL I'm pretty sure it's the anxiety and stress for me anyway.

@Andreatoo I need your secret for sure!  I don't snack, but I'm almost scaled down off of HRT hormones.  I'm not SUPPOSED to have hot flashes, but who knows????