Valued Contributor

Went to Nordstroms for a bra fitting.  OMG! I have been wearing a 38B bra for years and years but was sized at 36DD.  A bit shocked but, the new sized bra fit so nicely.  I had just purchased several Breezies bras in 38B and used their sizing guide to be sure.  I can't believe I never had a bra fitting before. The sweet girl helping me had a hard time believing I was wearing a 38B bra.

Honored Contributor
This is more common than you realize. Either to large or small. 38G order mine from Wacoal. Having experienced wearing the wrong size and happiness of wearing the correct size! Life changing. Imo Breezies Brand isn't made for large busted women. Returned mine.
Honored Contributor

I can not believe for years I dealt with the straps of my bra falling down. I was always pulling them up and finally bought silicone holders to keep the straps up. Finally I had a bra fitting. I was wearing the incorrect size bra. Now everything stays put, especially the staps. I am SO GLAD I had it done and the women was wonderful and knew her stuff.

Honored Contributor

I believe it when they say many women wear the wrong bra.  I'm sure I'm not.  I went for a fitting years ago and the suggestion was way different.  I ended up not following the advise.  I may try it again one day.

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

Went to Nordstroms for a bra fitting.  OMG! I have been wearing a 38B bra for years and years but was sized at 36DD.  A bit shocked but, the new sized bra fit so nicely.  I had just purchased several Breezies bras in 38B and used their sizing guide to be sure.  I can't believe I never had a bra fitting before. The sweet girl helping me had a hard time believing I was wearing a 38B bra.

I so know how you feel.  I was wearing a 36DD and had a fitting and I am a 34G lol.  Never knew there was a G.  I have to spend more for a good bra now but it is totally worth it.  There is a store in my area called Bras Plus.  This is where I purchase mine. Congratulations on finding your correct size. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I believe it when they say many women wear the wrong bra.  I'm sure I'm not.  I went for a fitting years ago and the suggestion was way different.  I ended up not following the advise.  I may try it again one day.

I remember Oprah years ago had a show about bra fitting.  I think this is when people really started thinking about if they were wearing the right size.

Honored Contributor

That size does not apply to all bras made.  I have had fittings at Nordstrom and I wear three different sizes in three different styles and brands of bras.  

Valued Contributor

I worked the lingerie department in college and they sent me to fitting school where I learned the most women wear too big a band size and too small a cup size.  And it is true that brand and style can make size vary.  Too bad most of us were scared as teens by those intimidating ladies with the tape measures and didn't get fitted and learn to try on in the store.

Frequent Contributor

I didn't have a bra fitting until I was 50!  I have heard that most women wear the wrong size bra but for some reason it didn't occur to me I was one of them.  I was wearing a 38 A and after I was fitted by a very nice young lady at Nordstrom I now wear a 36 C.  It is so comfortable and looks so good!  I no longer run in the house and take my bra off the instant I get home.  I would never, ever have thought I could fill a C cup yet I fit it perfectly.  

For those that don't know you can go to Nordstrom or I assume any upscale store and get fitted by a trained woman for free and I've never been pressured to buy one of their expensive bras but after wearing one during the fitting I have only worn high end bras until recently buying a few Breezies. 

Honored Contributor

I think bra fittings are very important.  It is true that many women are wearing the wrong size.  It is well worth your time to do it.