Honored Contributor

Re: Melissa McCarthy's New Clothing Line

Her clothing seems a little pricey to me. I just took a look now and have to say MM looks great, she has lost a good deal of weight. I didn't realize how petite she is in stature. I do think though that blouse she is wearing is too long for her. I'm only 5'3" and love the long tunic over leggings look. On me though I look like I'm wearing a dress!

Trusted Contributor

Why is she selling fashion? Is she a fashion expert now? I do not think she is known for fashion? I really  doubt she had much involvement with anything shown.... People will buy anything.

Esteemed Contributor

@June2 wrote:

Why is she selling fashion? Is she a fashion expert now? I do not think she is known for fashion? I really  doubt she had much involvement with anything shown.... People will buy anything.

She went to fashion school and majored in textiles and design. Fashion was her first love and she came late to acting.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Contributor

Watching Melissa McCarthy now on HSN.  Outfits looks cute, prices might be high but there is a lot of free shipping.  I think her prices are close to Logo and Isaac.  How did QVC not grab her?  I am a hugh fan.  Yeah someone who went to design school!

Respected Contributor

I ordered the eggplant plaid shirt, loved it. Pricey? Well yes, but so is Marla Wynn. Has some nice items here

Honored Contributor

I gave up buying clothing on shopping channels after inconsistent sizing. Too many returns and wasted s/h costs.

Although, I'm not a fan of her I am enjoying her presentations -- she looks great! Looks like she's taken off some weight or perhaps she's wearing her clothing line which accents her figure!

Trusted Contributor

@MaggieMack   Thank-you for the info. I was afraid it was another NeNe housewives line.....perhaps this actor really knows fashion. I stand corrected! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That's really mean to say is it a comment about her style or weight?

@ValuSkr wrote:

I haven't seen her items but she certainly doesn't look like a fashion plate.  We'll have to hope for the best.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I watched for over an hour and bought nothing. I thought things were too pricey and also didn't like a lot of the looks. Especially the extremely long hi-low tee-shirt. I thought it was hideous and even looked awful on the very tall thin model. It clung to her size 00 figure so can only imagine how bad it would look on me. I also felt a real lack of energy on MM's part. But she really looks very pretty. I'm still looking for a REAL designer who can do fashionable plus-size clothing.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

That's really mean to say is it a comment about her style or weight?

@ValuSkr wrote:

I haven't seen her items but she certainly doesn't look like a fashion plate.  We'll have to hope for the best.

I'm not sure why'd you assume anything from this comment.  I don't necessarily ever think Melissa McCarthy looks very well dressed when I see pictures of her in magazines or see her on the red carpet and it has nothing to do with her weight.  It has to do with the clothing she wears. 

And I didn't think what she had on today during her show with Amy was flattering to her either.