Honored Contributor

Re: Melissa McCarthy's New Clothing Line

@MRSTH wrote:

@violann

When you say something IS "________" you are indicating what you expect me to think or agree to.

• When you say you "loathe, spdespise, abhor, dislike, etcetcetcetc" whatever, you are expressing yourself without the expectation that someone else concur.

Semantics yes, but I'm quite sure not to obscure for you to comprehend. 

And once again, your OPINION is absolutely fine!

Again,  and for the last time, I don't have to qualify MY OPINION. Don't tell me what my expectations are when I'm expressing MY OPINION.  Please don't project.

Your "opinion" is GOLDEN!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would think it's pretty clear that when we comment on things, it's considered to be our own opinion.  I think it's rather ridiculous to have to say I think something is awful "in my opinion."  I mean I wrote it so who elses' opinion would it be?  LOL

That being said, I've watched the couple of times Melissa has been on and her stuff just doesn't impress me.  Much of it appears to be overpriced for what it is.  Several of the tops last night were so thin, you could see all the tags through the material as well as the models' skin.  I know the lights are super bright in a studio so a lot of times when something is held up on a hanger, you can see through it.  But this stuff was see through on the models' bodies.

I wouldn't have a problem paying $85.00 for a pair of jeans if I liked them and they fit me perfectly.  I'm a very hard fit in any bottoms, especially jeans so I wouldn't have a problem.  But many of her jeans don't appeal to me.  The girlfriend jeans were cute but the distressed one weren't for me and the paint splattered ones looked ridiculous to me.

I nearly choked when I saw the $118.00 price tag for the basic poncho Colleen put on. 

But all that being said, I have never seen Melissa presenting any of her items on HSN and thought she looked good in the clothes.  They are always unflattering on her.     

Honored Contributor

I gotta tell you all that I thought some of the models looked awful in those jeans. DH said he was embarassed for them.

Honored Contributor

the prices are getting out of hand on a few lines across the shopping channels; if you continue to pay them they will continue to charge them.

Keep in mind that the vendor sells to the channel for an established cost per unit and the channel decides the markup. According to a recent article about the Joan Rivers' estate (in Forbes) the standard markup is 75% (qvc)

Honored Contributor

I watched a couple of times yesterday and found the prices  outrageous for what was offered and most of the designs fugly. I wouldn't want the items at half the prices. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

the prices are getting out of hand on a few lines across the shopping channels; if you continue to pay them they will continue to charge them.

Keep in mind that the vendor sells to the channel for an established cost per unit and the channel decides the markup. According to a recent article about the Joan Rivers' estate (in Forbes) the standard markup is 75% (qvc)

This is why it bugs me to no end when QVC talks about how they are able to bring us things so cheaply because they cut out the middle man.

Uh hello QVC.  You ARE the middle man.