Honored Contributor

@dex  It was not a power struggle in my opinion.  Louis was extremely gracious and didn't correct her at all for a good part of the show.  Christine came on mispronouncing "Linea" and also his name.  Totally unprepared.  Midway through the show he nicely said how to pronounce "Linea."  She continually talked over him. 

Honored Contributor

@aoldgirlThe is the host that was on maternity leave, but has been on for quite a while now and done many shows.  I think comments here have been mostly good, but today was certainly not a good hosting job at all.   I hope she isn't paired with Louis again.  She was so totally unprepared.  Not to be able to pronounce his name or the name of his line was unacceptable.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

@Miranda1550  Her name is Kristine Zell. As per my MIL, she did come across as apologetic when followers told her that Louis was rude to HER. She appears to agree with them. I don't do Facebook but she read to me over the phone some of the comments. 

I'm not surprised, to be honest. I've read on these forums that it's no big deal if a host doesn't say things correctly because that's just the way it is today.

Not in MY world. 

I just looked up the comments. (Her QVC Facebook is public, and anyone can read it. I don't use Facebook either.

A poster actually said: "Sorry Louis Dell'Olio was so rude to you on your first Linea show. Felt bad for you."

She replied, "Oh you're so sweet - thank you. It's all good- I'm the newbie so I'm sure it comes with the territory."

The next poster told her what a good job she is doing.

Then two posters gently pointed out some of the things we've talked about here. She did NOT respond to them at all.

I really do hope whoever is her mentor or supervisor talks to her about this! SHE was the one who should apologize to Louis. Maybe she did. As I said before I think she was nervous. But if she won't admit what she did, and everyone tells her how terrific she is, she's just going to get an inflated ego IMO! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Ah, thank you. I didn't know that some accounts are open for all to see (Meaning it's public, I presume). In the past, the few times I've looked at an account, I've had to sign in and I don't have an account so, that was that. Learn something new every day, lol.

Thank you, beach-mom!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam - YW! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

The new host is a train wreck, and should be taken off the air.  She made many mistakes with Louis, as he mentioned to her, and ,would not let him talk, She needs more training not air time. A complete disaster.

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the show, how did she pronounce Linea?

Respected Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

I agree that she shouldn't host with Louis again.  When she first started and pronounced "Linea" incorrectly, I thought that was terrible.  Then she called him "Louis Del Oreo" which is a bad mistake too ...

I didn’t see the show, but ”Louis Del Oreo”. And repeatedly mispronouncing Linea. Really?!! There is no excuse for this unpreparedness.  Where was the ever-present, talking-in-the-ear person when she was going off the rails.

Now, If she was corrected, and kept doing it anyway, that is a big, big problem, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

She described the garment she was wearing as a woven fabric.  Louis corrected her and told her it was a knit.  Do you suppose she doesn't know the difference?  All she had to do was glance at her monitor as "knit" was in the title of the top.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01wrote:

I didn't watch the show, how did she pronounce Linea?

@aubnwa01- I didn't see the show either, but I watched one of the videos for items that were on air.

All I could think of was "The Golden Girls" sitting out on the lanai.  That's how she pronounced it!

I have to agree with the comments here.  Even if it's her first time presenting his line, she should be able to pronounce his name (or does he just love Oreos?  Was she hungry and thinking of cookies?) and his line.

Come on....LINEA isn't all that hard!