Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertoson's little black dress

Lisa's LBD is by Le Petite Rose....available at high end stores.
Super Contributor

I'd pay for it in a Thai silk but the bodice would be tough to achieve without a bit of stretch. Clearly, I am not a textile expert.

I can visualize that dress being appropriate for professional cocktail parties or conferences. Nice, but still modest enough that not every curve shows, which is a fine line to walk.

Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Rottie_mama said:

I'd pay for it in a Thai silk but the bodice would be tough to achieve without a bit of stretch. Clearly, I am not a textile expert.

I can visualize that dress being appropriate for professional cocktail parties or conferences. Nice, but still modest enough that not every curve shows, which is a fine line to walk.

I don't know about all of them but many of the La Petite Robe dresses are a polyamide/spandex blend.

Honored Contributor

I have a similar dress. It is 20 years old and it still looks great! My dress is black wool crepe and I got it at L&T - for a wedding where we were told to dress in black or red.

I LOVE classic dresses that can be styled many different ways.

Is this it? $695 at Neiman Marcus -

Honored Contributor

Terrier that is not the dress.

Super Contributor

That is the neckline, but not exactly the skirt. Perfect, right up until the price tag. I hate not getting a bargain! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Pretty dress but I think I could duplicate the ""look"" with a less expensive price tag.

Frequent Contributor

I love La Petite Robe. Wish I could afford them in every color.

Yoox.com carries the label; they have great prices on some designers.

Respected Contributor

The dress was very simple to the point of almost being boring. I would think you could find something like that just about anywhere. Was rather surprised to see her wearing something so plain and blah.

Honored Contributor

Maybe?

Personally I'd rather have 1 quality LBD that fits like a glove over a few not so great ones.