Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertoson's little black dress

lulu if that's not it, it's close. It's so hard to tell in the pictures of Lisa if her dress is ruched like that and a faux wrap top.

But it does seem expensive for that material. I didn't even know what polyamide is though to be honest. I looked it up and found this on ehow:

Polyamide fabric is a high-performance fabric commonly used to manufacture athletic clothing and moisture-wicking activewear such as socks, pants, shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, sleeves and gloves . It has the feel of soft cotton, yet unlike cotton, it is waterproof and breathable, which helps your body maintain a comfortable temperature and wick away moisture when exercising. Polyamide fabric is washing-machine safe, but should only be washed with cold water.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7768473_care-polyamide-fabric.html

Super Contributor

On 9/23/2014 lulu2 said:

Maybe?

La Petite Robe Di Chiara Boni Short Dress - Lyst

Personally I'd rather have 1 quality LBD that fits like a glove over a few not so great ones.

That does look like it! ITA, a great LBD is worth 10 ok ones.

Honored Contributor

the top part doesnt look ruched to me in this photo, but it is a bit hard to tell.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I just can't understand why LR thinks that those nude wedge sandals look good with everything that she wears.

You know, fashion expert and all...................

Super Contributor

I vote for Lulu's dress with lipstickdiva's fabric!

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 SugarBabyJ said:

I just can't understand why LR thinks that those nude wedge sandals look good with everything that she wears.

You know, fashion expert and all...................

It's really difficult to see exactly what they look like. The straps appear to be fairly delicate, the back wedge looks to be sculpted, and from some photos, they almost look like patent leather. Apparently, she likes the look she gets with a wedge -- she's usually going for something to elongate her and add some height, and perhaps she would rather do so without a stiletto heel. Really, it's just personal taste and what she likes, yes?

Super Contributor

I think LR's dress is a perfect LBD.

As for why the nude shoes? Many designers use them with everything. Anna Wintaur wears the same nude slingbacks with everything. Stuart Weitzman's Nudist sandal in nude was the most popular shoe on Red Carpets this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Polly Bergen, the actress, singer and businesswoman who just passed away wrote in a book that in Hollywood she would always wear nude or skintone shoes to elongate her look as she felt she was somewhat short-an old Hollywood trick I guess.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/23/2014 ivanatrump said:

I think LR's dress is a perfect LBD.

As for why the nude shoes? Many designers use them with everything. Anna Wintaur wears the same nude slingbacks with everything. Stuart Weitzman's Nudist sandal in nude was the most popular shoe on Red Carpets this year.

Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' Sandal

It's about the style, not the color.

This is not a wedge sandal. This, IMO, is much more dressy and would look lovely with a LBD.

To me, a wedge sandal looks better with a casual/day dress.